The Voodoo Doll

The Voodoo Doll

A Poem by Symphonic_Sunflowers

The voodoo doll sits, smiling its woollen smile.
Staring at you with its button eyes.  Stabbed too many times with the metal pin. The voodoo doll representing a certain person in your life.
Stabbed in places, a bit of stuffing missing. The voodoo doll has been through lots. Anger and sadness, frustration and madness.
A blue pin, for sadness the tears that you cried.
A red pin, for the rage he had caused and that you kept inside.
A white pin, for lies. The lies he had told. You stab the doll, go on, and give what the doll  deserves. Destroy it with your anger and hate.
Destroy it with your frustration and madness.
Kill it with your sadness.
The last pin, stabbed into the voodoo doll was gold �" For good luck, in hope that the b*****d will never get up. Show it that you withhold no weakness. Show it what you possess and the evil you can do. The voodoo doll is now nothing but a pile of stuffing and tattered material, its face torn off, smiling its woollen smile and its little button eyes shining.
It’s time to make another voodoo doll.


© 2014 Symphonic_Sunflowers


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

wonderful words and images

Posted 9 Years Ago


Symphonic_Sunflowers

9 Years Ago

Thankyou, Mary :)
Entertaining read and the last line made me smile, well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Symphonic_Sunflowers

9 Years Ago

I'm glad i could make you smile, Amos! Thankyou for the read and review c:
A. Amos

9 Years Ago

You're most welcome my friend...
Also, I haven't figured out the exclamation marks between...was gold" For good luck.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Symphonic_Sunflowers

9 Years Ago

Oh, thats what happens to my stories when i copy and paste things from old word docs of mine.
.. read more
Well, it's certainly easy to tell you're angry at someone. Your feelings of anger and betrayal are vividly portrayed in each stabbing. I like voodoo dolls. I think they get a bad rap. OK, so they cause pain and misery, and sometimes death, but so do little sisters and brothers.
I loved this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Symphonic_Sunflowers

9 Years Ago

haha thankyou so much, M.E
A vividly expressive write, lots of angst and frustration in there and it comes out through the lines of the poem, powerful poetry indeed & well penned !

Posted 9 Years Ago


Symphonic_Sunflowers

9 Years Ago

Thank -you so much, Tom :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2014
Last Updated on August 5, 2014

Author

Symphonic_Sunflowers
Symphonic_Sunflowers

Townsville , Queensland , Australia



About
I am a 20 year old woman who likes to write about the journey towards death we call life! I also like to review music that inspire me and my write ups! Check out my instagram! @symphonic_sunflowers more..

Writing