Back From The Dead

Back From The Dead

A Story by Diana Q.
"

A killer is released from prison.

"
A killer is released from prison. Scary right? It is but in this story things are a bit different. The year is 2016. The year a female might become president. But you don't want me to talk about politics, you started reading this to have a good scare. You may or may not be scared while reading. Alright enough stalling. The year is 2016. Erika Cruz has been released from prison. What was she in for? It was said that she couldn't have children of her own so she created a daycare for kids. Little did those kids' parents know what their precious bundles of joy would be getting into. A year after Erika opened the daycare, fire was seen coming from the building. Ambulance and fire trucks came to take out the fire. It wasn't until minutes later when the parents arrived to pick up their kids that everyone realized that the children were burned alive in the fire. Devastation broke out and memorials were held. Where was Erika Cruz? The investigators thought that she had died in the fire but she was seen one night at the memorial spot where the kids had died. A bystander called the police and they arrested her. She later in court released a statement saying,"I did it. I killed those kids. If I can't have children then no one should have them. I set the building on fire with the kids inside. Kill me if you want but I know I did the right thing". She was sentenced to life in prison for second degree murder. So why was she she released from prison? The reason was never released by the judge. She's out. She's now 30. She was 23 when she got arrested. Of course people aren't happy and want her back in prison but you can't be tried twice for the same crime. Erika was told not to talk about anything concerning what she did. So she goes home with an escort of police. Her sister kept paying for her house despite Erika being in prison. Somehow her sister believed that Erika was innocent despite her confession to the crime. Erika's family ,except for her sister, cut her out of their lives completely. Her own parents refused to see or talk to her. It never seem to bother Erika. Why? Because she still believed that what she did was right. A week after she's released from prison, a call was made. Erika was found dead. Where? At the exact same spot where the kids burned alive bodies were found. The cause of her death? No one knows. Wanna know the creepy part? Erika's body was found with children's toys around her. Every toy surrounding her body belonged to every individual child that died in the fire. Talk about karma.

© 2016 Diana Q.


Author's Note

Diana Q.
Ignore grammar problems. What do you think of how I wrote it? Any questions about the story? Anything left unexplained?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on July 13, 2016
Last Updated on July 13, 2016
Tags: Horror, Karma, Creepy, Fiction, Death

Author