Verb- To desire

Verb- To desire

A Poem by DrSprinkz73

Sometimes I wish,

          That on days you didn't feel like livin' or if you were too sad to smile

There was a crack in the earth you could slip into...

 

          That maybe instead of crying yourself to sleep;

When the pain of the world pours out of your eyes,

      There was something bright like an innocent childs smile to make them tears of joy.

 

There's moments I pray that the weight pulling my head and shoulders down...

   Could be lifted by the mighty fingers of God himself!

 Oh, How I hope.  Could anyone understand?

Why I tried to stop the pain like the dams hold back the rivers?!

 

Sometimes I wish,

  I could've stopped you in time.

And you'd sit next to me marveling at the wonders of humankind

Instead of floating around like a memory stuck in my head.

© 2010 DrSprinkz73


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

a very interesting and piognant write... its like talking to oneself...a monologue of sorts taking place in a semi concious state with no control whatsoever on our own mind... they say time is the best medicine and yet at best time can fade black to grey...there are memories that never die...and even when we try to fight our way off them..its our mind that plays the trick and leads to such monologues...
nicely penned!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
that's a whimzical journey through your minds eye..with a lot of beautiful imagery

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh yes, how our wishes tell of our tales...Been there.....Great, and very creative approach.

Posted 13 Years Ago


awwww i like this

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this. And I find your title very interesting. It is quite sad too! Nice job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you create a deeply moving scene~
here I see arms offered as a cradle~ a cradle that remains empty~
a notable poem in its ability to relate to~ to engage the reader completely into the emotions of the narrator~

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a very interesting/ creative poem and I like the last line the best "And you'd sit next to me marveling at the wonders of humankind Instead of floating around like a memory stuck in my head" Love that line. So relatable. This poem in itself is relatable and that's what I like about it. So great job. Keep writing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

454 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 14, 2010
Last Updated on August 14, 2010

Author

DrSprinkz73
DrSprinkz73

Chicago, IL



About
I am not a simple person. But I do prefer all the simplicities in life. I can't say it's my dream to become a published writer I ust enjoy what I do. I have goals. I tend to lean towards darker wr.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Only Then...... Only Then......

A Poem by Bubo