The Arms of the Cursed Angel

The Arms of the Cursed Angel

A Story by Loki's Thrall
"

Through a curse a young armless boy grows arms on his back.

"

Many years ago, in a remote city, there was a boy who was born with no arms. No one knew where he came from and the villagers 

did not want the boy for fear he would cause a famine or drought.

There was an old medicine woman who finally took the armless boy in. She brought him up as her own child. 

The boy grew up, living almost as any boy did. He also learned how to use his feet to help him in everyday tasks. 

The villagers were still suspicious of the him for the fact that he had no arms.

Then the rumors began to spread that the boy was doing things by witchcraft. Witchcraft that he had learned from the old medicine woman. 

It was the day that the old woman had chosen to be the boy's birthday when the villagers cornered the old woman and beat her to death.

Something within the boy snapped. His heart was torn.

He cursed the village. He cursed them what they had done, for killing the only person who had cared for him.

One by one the arms of each inhabitant of the village, man, woman, and child fell off. Leaving bloody stumps in their wake. 

The villagers died of exsanguination from their limbs falling off. And as each arm would fall off, the boy's back would open up and a new arm would contort out of the wound. Soon after the last villager died, all was quiet. Not even the birds or other animals would dare make a sound.

Finally piercing the dead quiet was the boy's crying. He cried and cried. With no one to hear he sat next to the old woman's corpse as it decayed and rotted. 

The arms squirming and clawing, digging, choking the boy. All while he heard his own voice in his head saying,

"Curse you little boy.

Damn those wings will never let you fly.

No one else can hear your pitiful cries.

No one can comfort you now.

Not even the hideous wings on your back."

This is the legend of the Human Angel, who could not fly back to Heaven.

© 2015 Loki's Thrall


Author's Note

Loki's Thrall
Personal please give me constructive comments but be gentle.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That was AMAZING!! I love the gruesome erieness of this short....The fact that vengence is not always the best dish served...Although his vengence was very exquisite...Your ending was even better!!! He had nobody left to hear his shouts....Everybody on Earth has one fear in common and that is the fear of having nobody to turn to...This was an excellent read in soo many ways...Keep it up...:o)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That was AMAZING!! I love the gruesome erieness of this short....The fact that vengence is not always the best dish served...Although his vengence was very exquisite...Your ending was even better!!! He had nobody left to hear his shouts....Everybody on Earth has one fear in common and that is the fear of having nobody to turn to...This was an excellent read in soo many ways...Keep it up...:o)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 17, 2012
Last Updated on November 10, 2015

Author

Loki's Thrall
Loki's Thrall

San Diego, CA



About
I'm 26 years old. I love to write, draw, listen to music (which helps my writing process), doing crafty stuff and being a dork. more..

Writing
Alone Alone

A Story by Loki's Thrall