The Adventures of Argin and Ty

The Adventures of Argin and Ty

A Story by DraigonX32

The Adventures of Argin and Ty

 

It was a sunny afternoon day and Ty was just sitting by the cliff side staring of into space again. So I snuck up to him and yelled as loud as I can! He was so surprised that he fell of the cliff and into the pool underneath. When he came out, there was a piece of seaweed stuck to his forehead. The look on his face when he came out was so hilarious that I burst out laughing. Ty then yelled “Hey, that wasn’t funny, I almost died of shock there!” with a snicker I said “oh yeah, well you looked absolute silly with that piece of seaweed on your horn.” Ty then looking at his watery reflection tried to get it off and instead of falling off, he got entangled in it and I had to help pull the seaweed of his horns. After we got it of he growled “Well, you better watch your back now, because I will get my revenge sooner or later.” “And I’ll be looking forward to it.” I replied. Then after playing around in the water we heard our parents calling us for dinner.

****************

I was daydreaming about and the future again until Argin woke me up and called “Hey, slowpoke! Hurry up or there wouldn’t be any food left for us!” Sighing I hurried to catch up to Argin so he won’t leave me behind again. As usual the best leaves were higher up in the trees and being the smallest Triceratops meant that I was stuck with the worst tasting leave, but as my friend, Argin knows how I loved to eat those sweeter leaves and always help me gather some using that long neck of his. As I thanked him and settled down to eat I started to think how small I am, wishing that one day I could grow bigger so I wouldn’t have to depend on others to help me anymore. As Argin sat down beside me I asked “Did you ever feel small” “Not really” he replied, but seeing the look on my face he said “But you know It’s isn’t that bad being small, thou I’m sure when you grow bigger, you wouldn’t be leaving any leaves for us with that big appetite of yours.” he snickered “Hey, I don’t eat that much!” I replied “Are you so sure?” said Argin gesturing to a large pile of leaves that I was eating. “Well” I said sheeply “At least I don’t criticize how other people eat!” That earned a round of laughter from Argin, “ You know, at least I try to make comments, not everybody is as gifted as you” I said scornfully, But seeing as I was trying to be serious, one look at my face and Argin would start laughing like crazy. Finally what seemed like the longest day I’ve had, we were finally able to go to sleep.

****************

 

 

I was walking under the star lit sky muttering to myself “Why Cleo, why did you have to chase down that useless prey!” For my pack was starving and I had hoped to be able to catch something for my pack mates to eat, yet as I was chasing my prey for hours and finally catching it, I was utterly lost in the woods. Unsure of which way to go I started to think about how Amanda said that I should chase that rat. And now because I listened to her I’m lost and I might never find my way back home again! Lost in thought I didn’t notice a branch in my way until I tripped over it, falling into a wide open plain. Cursing myself I turned to look at where I am when my eyes fell on the two young hatchlings sleeping peacefully just a few meters ahead. Looking at them I felt my mouth drool as I thought “If I could at least catch one of them, I could feed my pack for weeks!”

****************

As I was dreaming about playing more pranks on Ty, a sudden noise woke me up, sleepily I raised my head and looked around. Feeling danger close by me hurriedly woke Ty from his slumber. As he woke up, he complained about being woken to early until I whispered “Be quiet goofball or we might be dino food!” After the words left my mouth Ty went very quiet. As I looked around for possible danger I felt water dripping down my back and I told Ty “Would you please stop dripping drooling down my back, it’s very annoying.” Shakily Ty replied “Um, t-t-that isn’t me.” then I said “who is it?” Turning around, I found myself looking at two very hungry eyes. “Ty” I said not looking away from those terrible eyes “Are you seeing what I’m seeing?” I asked. “Y-y-yes” he replied “Than we better and RRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN!!!!!!” I! As we ran for our lives, we heard the monster cursing after getting a mouth full of dirt and yelling “I’m going to get you for that you little twerps!” and running after us. While we were running I saw a nice thick fern bush and yelled to Ty “Run towards that fern bush if you want to live!” And I shoved him into the bush and as I ran through the bush I suddenly felt nothing underneath me and I started to fall head over tails yelling “Ahhhhhhh”

****************

As I fell through the dark my trip had a rough end as I was smacked face first into the ground. When I got up, I brushed all the dirt of me only to be crushed by Argin. “Owwwwwww” I moaned as I tried to get up, I said to Argin “You know you could of landed somewhere else and not on top of me. “Well when I was falling I didn’t know which was up or down so I had complete control over my body” he replied sarcastically. “Fine” I said “It was an accident, by the way where are we” I asked. “I don’t know” replied Argin. It was at that time we heard a scream as our hunter fell and landed on top of a very large and scaly rock. It was then that we felt the earth move and when we looked at the rock we found that it had two large yellow eyes, and the eyes were looking at us. As that rock started to get up I asked “Argin, w-w-what is t-t-that?!” “Umm, I-I-I think it’s a T-Rex, and I’m pretty sure it’s hungry.” he said. “T-t-than shouldn’t we run?” I asked. “Yes Ty” he said. And for the second time this night he yelled “RRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN”

****************

After hearing that long-neck hatchling yell “RUN” I was shocked out of my reprieve and I started to run after them, hoping now beyond hope that I would be able to survive this night. Even though common sense said that I was dead meat. So we ran and ran, all around the cave system hoping that we would be able to find a way to get away from our predator, even though it seemed hopeless. With each step, I heard an earth shattering roar and I knew that the T-Rex was gaining on us in every turn. That was then when I found something that I had overlooked. A small nook on the right side of the wall. Just enough for three small dinos to squeeze in there and hide. Hearing the T-Rex’s stomping behind me. I made a mad dash and jumped into the hole, and crashing into the two dinos that were already hiding there. Just one look and with a surprise yelp we all said “It’s you” but then remembering the situation at hand, we all covered our mouth with our claw. Luckily for us the lumbering Rex didn’t hear it. With a whisper I said “What are you doing here!” the long necked replied “Hiding from that T-Rex that you woke up!” “Me!?!?!” I said “But it was your fault for running away from me when I was trying to catch you!!” As I was arguing with the long neck we forgot about the T-Rex outside, and hearing our voices he was now attacking the hole and by hearing the sound we both went quiet, but it was too late. Our hunter knew where we were.

****************

Having been arguing with that monster I forgot about the Rex outside, and now that he knows where we are, we would surely die, yet at that moment of fear. Nobody notice a small figure climbing back out from a tunnel in the back of that cave. It was then he yelled “Hey, over here. There’s a tunnel leading towards the surface at the back of the tunnel!” I turned to see who our savour was, and to my surprise, it was Ty! When we were arguing he must have went to explore the small cave we were stuck in. As we ran towards the tunnel, we heard a deafening sound, and to my horror the tunnel was collapsing behind us as we ran for our lives. Just as I was about to get crushed by two tons of solid earth, a claw grabbed my shoulder and pulled me to safety. And again Ty saved my life. But there was no time for a thank you as we ran towards the light at the end of the tunnel, and finally we burst out of the tunnel just as the opening collapsed just behind us. We were finally free! As me and Ty rejoiced we didn’t notice a sneaky dino running away.

****************

In the end it turns out that the hole we came out of was not far from our heard who I considered was a stroke of luck as I was able to get Argin and I back home safely. As for our parents, there were deeply worried the whole time since we were gone for the entire night and we even told everyone in our heard our spectacular yet scary adventure through those underground tunnel. And after we finished the story you know what we did? We fell asleep the instant we touched our bed. Though I will always wonder what ever happed to that dino who chased us into the tunnels and if I would ever meet her again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

THE END

© 2015 DraigonX32


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hope you all enjoyed the first story I ever wrote!!!!!!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
1 Review
Added on March 9, 2015
Last Updated on March 9, 2015
Tags: Dinosaur

Author