We destroy

We destroy

A Story by Kitsue
"

For years I have been thinking about who humans are.

"

We as humans have lost our soul foundation. We have forgotten why we were placed on this earth. We strive to make our liives better, in doin so we destroy the land and those who depend on it. We take from the world, cures, and antibiotics, destroy the beauty with what we think is beautiful. Now we start wars, and cause more pain. We have brought forth the horsemen, and slowly let them take root so they can manifest.

Famine owns his own continent. Death is wreaking havoc in another, Pestilence rakes our bodies with disease. War has always held his foothold and has made life worse. We have sown the seeds of our destruction. We live in our cycles. Living in the despair of the Seven sins.

America is the root. For we have started the cycle. We forgot our origins, forgot our paths, and now try to bar the way for others. This land was built on the blood sweat and bones of slaves and children. Founded by immigrants trying to find a better life, in doing so we destroyed the native inhabitants, forcing them onto reservations.

Our children are sheltered and weak enjoying the luxuries that were once used to shape the children for the better. Summer vacation wasnt for rest and fun. Summer vacation was when it was time to harvest the fields, when farmers needed the extra hands each day to cut, to till, to weed, to water the vast acres.

We Americans push the jobs we hate on others we look down on, spit on. People we want thrown out for doing the same thing what our ancesters did. Migrate to a new land to find a better life. We look down on them and yet give them the jobs we wont do ourselves for no other reason then because we dont want to. We act like children when in another country a child does an adults job and makes more sacrifices just to save someone younger

Spare the rod and spoil the child, I stand by that. Im sure that most children do what they do because they know nothing will happen to them. They wont get a hand raised to them. They feel righteous knowing that the law will be on their side if their parents so much as grab their arm to haul them from a situatuion that could be damaging to them. They sell drugs, join gangs, drink, and use, for nothing else but the thrill and for the desire to have power.

There was a time when people did that not for a thrill but to survive. Gangs werent about turf, but about family, about being in a unit they couldnt find anywhere else. To find understanding. Now a gang is just abunch of hoodlums who cause trouble and try and act like their badder than everyone else. Theyre immature, stupid, and die for no other reason then because they wore the wrong color.

Dying has lost all meaning for those who are middle class. People will mourn the passing, but they dont get attention unless the person had money or rank. Everyone wants to know why they die, why they were shot, they ask all the whys, but yet they wont care about the kid who died of abuse, the wife who cries over her sons body as it bleeds in her yard, or the dad who sits in the front pew of a church mourning the family killed by a drunk driver.

Religion, beliefs, standards, have no more meaning then the paper they are written on. We laugh at the men who die for their beliefs, we say their life was wasted for nothing. We look down on their gods, and tell them that they will burn in hell for not believig in the one true god. Yet those same people, did the same thing. The Christian Crusade, The Salem Witch Trials, The Holocaust they killed and were killed following the word of their god, or what was believed to be told.

We buy things we dont need, bigger cars, bigger tv's, bigger homes, we buy them not because we need them but because we want them. A single man doesnt need an SUV, a single man can get by with a small car, which u see most mothers with, when then have to cart around multiple children. Going from job to home trying to make ends meet living on the verge of homelessness, the verge of unemployment.

We pass each day thinking about oourselves, when we are a part of a whole, a part that is destroying everything else. We think we are better, stronger, smarter, when the smartest, the strongest, are the very things we feast on, the very things that know how to live with the world without destroying it. Tell me, my fellow humans, are we really better? When we die, will the life of one man be worth more than the life of another?

© 2011 Kitsue


Author's Note

Kitsue
Any comments are welcome. I invoke my right to free speech so if you dont like what I say then you can go ahead and bash me for it. I dont particularly care.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on January 23, 2011
Last Updated on January 23, 2011

Author

Kitsue
Kitsue

Tipton, CA



About
16 yrs of age, not really all that special. I'm some what of a loner but I don't care. My motto is, "Even though you get thousands of opinions about how you should dress, how much you shoud weigh, and.. more..

Writing
Deaths Touch Deaths Touch

A Poem by Kitsue