Meeting you

Meeting you

A Story by DreamCastor
"

The time setting of the story is wrong, I am aware of this but I thought that autumn sounded more romantic. Romanticised and dramatised.

"
The leaves of autumn were turning orange and red, like the sudden outburst of a fire all across the sky. The buildings around me were a stark white marble, and I could hear in the nearby distance the gushing water of a fountain. It wasn't chilly enough for a jacket yet the breeze brought a certain crisp embrace with it. My companion with gleaming soft brown hair and a shimmering complexion, was discussing how strange it would be if someone actually did appear out of no where and sweep us both off of our feet. It was childish dreams spilling out of every pore of us. I look back fondly upon that day, the way we were and the way we will continue to be. I smile, I cannot help but smile and wish for those days again. Just the two of us in our own little world that no one could leap into.  
I was oblivious that you would appear along with your tricks and singing your song. I was young and naive but none the less you pursued. You heard our lies and ignored our deception, you still sang to your hearts content. My heart burst, your eyes stared into to me knowingly. I knew very well, that I was fresh meat and that you were the taker of dreams. In that one meeting I was bewildered and curious. I could not stop, I wanted to breathe in every essence of you and still I do not know why. But I must admit that before you began that sweet succulent, intoxicating melody, I was already taken aback. Your face, more beautiful than I had ever seen. I remember back to that day, I had a warmth spreading across my whole existence and I can still feel the echos even now. But this was not to be born... We danced our dance and I closed my eyes, but when I opened them, I saw that a stranger had taken your place. Something deep and dark and full of hurt, I could not contain my emotions, I had an image of a strong light prince, that was something to behold. And now I was presented with the opposite of my dreams, you had changed your song. I felt my soul ripped into two and I was left to the darkness of my days. 
I think back to those minutes or even hours, so young and yet so brave, a soldier in the front line of war. But i do not regret the errors of my ways and I will forever remember the happiness that I felt for your visage.  

© 2012 DreamCastor


Author's Note

DreamCastor
This did bring up many questions as to why you did pursue, was it built up from spite or was it simply that someone managed to break through your barriers for a moment? That is what we will never know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on October 14, 2012
Last Updated on October 16, 2012

Author

DreamCastor
DreamCastor

Birmingham, Handsworth, United Kingdom



About
I am but a wonderer of the imagination. I do not have any limits, and the mind cannot be tamed. I write anything that enters my mind, and maybe one day those thoughts will be heard more..

Writing