Wolfs Heaven

Wolfs Heaven

A Story by DRD
"

How wolves differ from humans

"

The sent of prey was near, tonight we would not starve. We creep in slowly, not alerting the prey to our position. Surrounding it with out its knowing, the sound of its heart beat loudly in my ears. Its smell incased me in mouth-watering warmth, I gave the single not with words but with the subtle movement of my tail. We jumped as one converging on our dinner as one. I made the killing bite, breaking its neck. I made sure that the mothers got the largest pieces, so that they had enough left over to feed the cubs. As we went back to the den where the cubs waited for our return with the nanny of our pack, I felt satisfied that we had a good hunt. As I watched the mothers regurgitate the digested meat for our young, I was happy with our kill. As the others slept completely trusting me, their dominant with their safety I knew that I would never leave this life. The freedom, it calls to me. Not the freedom of the road, but the freedom of the wilds. The peace that comes with being in them, being a part of them it draws me to it. I who had a choice between human and wolf choose wolf not because of any reason that a human could fathom; but reasons that only a wolf could understand.  I will try to explain it to you. There are no trophies to win or keep; there are no names to bind me. There is absolutely nothing but the pack, you are the pack and the pack is you. We keep all safe there is no choice between mate and family, because mate is family. We have no human emotions to make us weak, we only focus on survival and that is the only thing that drives us. Humans have every thing wrong they are not civilized, to do everything in excess and that will be their downfall. Their need for trophies and their craving for war and blood, if they do not learn to control themselves they will not last. And for this reason I will remain a wolf to learn this lesson totally, if only to survive.

© 2011 DRD


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DRD
The original was a whole 27 pages but I decided it was to long and in stead made it an extreme short story.


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
1 Review
Added on February 28, 2011
Last Updated on February 28, 2011

Author

DRD
DRD

Dover, DE



About
I love to write about anything that pops into my head, especially things that involve nature or mystery. more..

Writing
Old soul Old soul

A Poem by DRD


the list the list

A Poem by DRD


Clean slate Clean slate

A Poem by DRD