Sorrow in joy

Sorrow in joy

A Poem by DRD
"

When you can see the joy in sorrow, is when you know true pain.

"

Sweet child what sorrow and joy you bring me, for in this peace I see in your eyes. I see a sadness that bequeaths time, what can I do to ease thy sorrow. You care for me as no one else has, with a playing heart and a soft touch. I wish not for your end to come, for I know I shall not a tear shed for you. Though my heart shall break, as my soul parts in two. For that is how this place of never ending, pain is ment to be.

 

I shall be for you what no one was for me, a hand to hold, a shoulder to use, and a ear that will listen. I begin to fear that is all I can be, for you have never dared to lend me your sorrows.


The pain that lives in my heart, cries endless tears of blood for you. It makes my hollow body, fill with unknown longing. Give your sorrows, give me your joy; let this empty shell be of use to you. As I have nothing to fill the emptiness, let take your pain and make it my own.

© 2011 DRD


Author's Note

DRD
Yeah finally done. I wrote this for a friend of mine, hope they like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on April 13, 2011
Last Updated on May 7, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

DRD
DRD

Dover, DE



About
I love to write about anything that pops into my head, especially things that involve nature or mystery. more..

Writing
Old soul Old soul

A Poem by DRD


the list the list

A Poem by DRD


Clean slate Clean slate

A Poem by DRD