Note to a friend

Note to a friend

A Poem by David Scott
"

This is something personal and true to my core.

"

Note to a friend

 

I did not desire you,

Yet, you awakened my desires.

I did not long for your kiss,

Still, your words kissed my soul.

I did not depend on your comfort,

Gently, your words comforted me.

I did not seek a lover,

Your steadfastness showed me love.

I never asked for what I needed,

Somehow, you gave me what I never knew to ask for.

I never expected to find any answers,

You leave me no longer questioning.

I never dreamed a friend could be so far and so near,

Dear, you are forever and always close to my heart.

I do not know what fate holds in store for us,

Yet, I believe we were fated to be friends in this life and beyond.

© 2014 David Scott


Author's Note

 David Scott
I feel like the culture in the US, or at least the part I have know, does not leave much room to express a deep abiding love in friendships without suspecting romantic intentions. Personally, I have friends who lift my spirits and support my spirit far more than any romantic relationship I have known... This write is in honor of one such friend and is specific to that relationship, I hope it relates well to others. If you have a friend like this, tell them how much you love them today!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So, of course I love this and your authors note too, so beautifully expressed, and ever so true. When we meet friends who inspire us, who share our passions and push us further in them, how we do fall in love with them... A special kind of platonic love that not everyone seems to understand...

Anyway, the thought, the feeling, the expression, all gorgeous...


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

 David Scott

10 Years Ago

Yes. I knew you would understand this poem well.
Thank you got your comments and support.



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
A friend is one of the most beautiful gifts there is. It's not messy and yet accepts all your messiness. It conquers fears, dries up tears, tells you your being an a*s and laughs with you about it. A friend is an oasis...a cool drink of water on a hot, demanding, parched, exhausting, performance driven day :) And you said it so beautifully, here, David.

Posted 8 Years Ago


 David Scott

8 Years Ago

I have few, but they are very special.
Thank you for the comment.
Hello again from this side of this Pacific,

I loved this one and can absolutely relate as I have treasured friends that are closer to me than my brothers, a true heart treasure in every sense of the word. They are rare, exquisite and a pure joy to know and behold, more than words can express, really...although you have done a fabulous job with this well written piece.

Alisa💫

Posted 8 Years Ago


Alisa Js

8 Years Ago

Yes, and for those nitwits that will proclaim that those of "complimentary genders" could never be O.. read more
 David Scott

8 Years Ago

Ha! Well, we only know what we know... It is wonderful to love a woman without having any sexual te.. read more
Alisa Js

8 Years Ago

and vice versa
I love this because it relates to various people. It is so easy to fall for your best friend and this truly notes the emotions behind the developing love. Very well written and the format flows nicely.

Posted 9 Years Ago


 David Scott

9 Years Ago

Ha! :)
Thank you for reading Ember. I must say you prove my point here. I was not "falling .. read more
Shadows Ember

9 Years Ago

Well then there is the inspiration
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
a letter to a friend, indeed! I felt your heartfelt emotions mr. David, view upon your life and friendship despite distance apart. It felt like life has given you an unexpected friend for life, it felt better than the real tangible friend.

This is how words in a form of letter - hand/type written form a connections between 2 people in far distance seems so near... sometimes knowing this person is there, writing back at you, knowing he/she has your support and love, its all that matters, a good way to feel at ease...

a very heartfelt piece,
blooms a beautiful friendship...
great job, sir!

Posted 9 Years Ago


 David Scott

9 Years Ago

Thank you Pax. It is real friendship. I am glad you felt my heart in this write.
Pax

9 Years Ago

smiles, glad you found one, real enough to stay alifetime, you're welcome!
Love this! Shines light on the value of relationships with friends! Very true words and sometimes we don't even realize it

Posted 9 Years Ago


 David Scott

9 Years Ago

Thank you Amanda. All relationships are complicated far more than they need to be... Can't we all ju.. read more
I agree wholeheartedly. I say "I love you" to a friend and some are taken aback. I always go to the place where I never said it, and they die. I never want that to happen.

Posted 9 Years Ago


 David Scott

9 Years Ago

Thank you KL.
I understand what you are saying.
So, of course I love this and your authors note too, so beautifully expressed, and ever so true. When we meet friends who inspire us, who share our passions and push us further in them, how we do fall in love with them... A special kind of platonic love that not everyone seems to understand...

Anyway, the thought, the feeling, the expression, all gorgeous...


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

 David Scott

10 Years Ago

Yes. I knew you would understand this poem well.
Thank you got your comments and support.
I never dreamed a friend could be so far and so near,
Dear, you are forever and always close to my heart.
Friends....dost.....Yaar....such a little words are they but had a ultimate meanings...
When I was in depress or disappoint, my friend small word even Hi change the mood quickly...they undearstand my feelings.
This poem is awesome.
Thanks. Great Read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


 David Scott

10 Years Ago

Friends can redefine our world for us when we need it most!
Thank you for your considerate rev.. read more
Saddam

10 Years Ago

my pleadure all.
This is so true David people tend to look for scandal in everything.What you consider a friendship they assume is an affair.Well penned :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


 David Scott

10 Years Ago

Thank you Vidya. Yes, people do love a scandal... Odd, I think. Oh well.
I'm glad you enjoyed.. read more
Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

You are welcome.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

771 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on February 18, 2014
Last Updated on February 18, 2014

Author

 David Scott
David Scott

Brevard, NC



About
Much like you... Still, I can only ever be to you what you are willing to see of me. This is true of us all. May we learn to see the best in each other. I am happy to be friends with anyon.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..