The Search.

The Search.

A Story by Jenna Marie

She stands alone in the darkness. She's been seeking an answer. She's waited forever to finally receive it. The darkness gives the girl an intense imagination. She is no longer waited amongst the darkness, but she isn't amongst the sunshine either. The wind is just a simple breeze, yet it has a hint of intensity hidden within. She steps forward, heading in the direction the wind is blowing. She has no clue where she is or where she is going. She wanders restlessly until she finally reaches an old cemetery. There, she sees a shadow sitting on top of a tombstone. She thinks of all the times her father told her; "curiosity killed the cat." His voice began ringing in her ear. It stops as she lingers closer to the shadowy figure. It's a young man. She presumes he's about her age. She touches his shoulder and his skin is cold. He turns around and looks into her eyes. He brushes her hair behind her ear and leans close to her ear. He whispers "I've been expecting you for quite some time." Her curiosity is now at it's peak. Who is this boy? Why has he been expecting her? Could this be the answer she's been dying to find? She gathers her wandering thoughts. He stands up and faces her. He holds out his hand, expecting her to take it. He gently says "take my hand and I will take you to a place where you can find the answers to all your questions." She hesitates to grab his hand. Then, her shaky hands meet his cold hands. The boy takes her through forest and through a creek until they finally they reach an abandoned house. He leads her into the house and upstairs. They finally reach the last room on the left of the wall. He opens the door and the stand in the doorway of the nearly empty room. The only thing that sits in the room is an old mirror. He turns towards her and says "go forth and look into the mirror and I promise all your questions will be answered, here and now." She nods and goes forward to the mirror. She looks in the mirror, but all she can see is herself. She stares into the mirror rather confused. She looks back towards the boy. "What am I looking for exactly?" she asked. He didn't answer. "Hello?" she said. "I cannot tell you, you must think back to your questions and ask yourself what it is exactly you are seeking." He gently whispers. Her thoughts wander yet again. She remembers her question she has always asked herself. She's always asked who she was and what her purpose in life was. She looks back in the mirror and the boy is standing beside her. She raises her hand against the mirror and as she watched her reflection mimic her every move. She mumbles something under her breath. She then looks at the boy and tells him "I know who I am and what my purpose is." "Who are you and what is your purpose?" He asked. "I am who I am, I shouldn't question what others presume is true. And, my purpose is unknown but will unfold as life passes." She told him. He leans in close to her face and kisses her gently. "You're wrong. You are the girl who is my everything and your purpose is clear. Your purpose is to come with me and get away from this hell and start a new." She whispers in his ears "so you're my answer to a better life?" "Of course, it's how it was since the moment we've met." She kisses him gently. They walk out of the abandoned house and walk into the darkness together.

© 2010 Jenna Marie


Author's Note

Jenna Marie
This isn't precisely great, just saying.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on September 7, 2010
Last Updated on September 7, 2010

Author

Jenna Marie
Jenna Marie

Cincinnati, OH



About
My name is Jenna. I'm twenty-two years old. Writing has been one of my passions since my freshman year in high school. Writing is my escape from my reality, whether I'm good at it or not, I'll sti.. more..

Writing
When I.. When I..

A Poem by Jenna Marie