Aprille

Aprille

A Poem by Israel B.
"

A poem about purities and impurities. About death and life. About *insert melodramatic word here* and *insert equal and opposite melodramatic word here*.

"
Today I was lonely, and honestly I was just looking for some come fort. It wasn't too long ago when I told myself that I was a poet and believed myself, but now I truly am convinced I am nothing. I am not divine nor intellectual as I once hoped. My breath was ceasing and I needed a revival. So I took up my cross and left without a word.

I walked and ran, in my pudgy pajamas. I passed wonders and lovers and lost. Bikers whose tongue could no longer speak and whose flame of rebellion left nothing but ash. I spoke to the waitress, who every morning had that bright blue eyeshadow over her and blush that changed her into something she wasn't. I'd tell her how I once was a seer of many things. How I gave my soul to salvation and felt the protection of God. She'd just smile and wink and in that same sing-song voice in an almost whisper say, "Sweetie... I'm an atheist." Then I'd go home to my pillow and sob, crying out to Him, "Jesus... save her sins!" And she gave up the ghost and I went on my way.

I saw deserts with wild creatures and mangy bugs. I'd see visions in the stars and falsely follow them and God would send his spirit and I would follow his commands.

Tomorrow is my guide to heaven. Tomorrow's stream swallows everything and flows into a delta of yesterdays. My friend is not so. And the aching in my heart reassured me that it was autumn and the warmth of the coolest months would keep me from my eternal desolation. Every misprint of my mind was brought before an alter, a permanent wave to sin.

In the heat of summer great works were preformed.

And it came to pass that on the third day of the third month on the day of our Lord, tomorrow did forget to flow, and the shadows of the deep were opened. "Hello and goodby, alpha and omega..." Such things did it utter. There every man wept and his spirit was opened before The Lord. And in selfishness the followers of Christ abandoned salvation for emotion, and the wise who seeketh after him will find him in paper and in sand, in every physic and motion, this is their burden as documented by the burdened. For the end of wisdom is the knowledge of God. And the rebirth of wisdom is the fear of God. And the divine definition of wisdom is the love of The Light, which will shine everywhere and evermore.

© 2015 Israel B.


Author's Note

Israel B.
... *reserved for the Bourgeois*

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on October 24, 2015
Last Updated on October 24, 2015
Tags: tag you're it, no, I am not "it", I am her, we don't respect gender pronouns, really?, ya, really

Author

Israel B.
Israel B.

Indianapolis, IN



Writing
Ache Ache

A Poem by Israel B.


A New Year A New Year

A Poem by Israel B.


SKIN SKIN

A Poem by Israel B.