THE  ROSE   ( part 3 )

THE ROSE ( part 3 )

A Story by Eagle Cruagh
"

He awakes to find a rose on his pillow, from Lisa ??

"
 

THE ROSE ----PART THREE of four parts---


I slept late this morning, must have been 9:00 AM before I noticed the daylight streaming in my bedroom window.
This is strange, I never sleep late, usually five or six and no later than seven, ever. So, with a sigh of resignation I sit up, turn to look at the clock and, there on the pillow beside mine is the most beautiful red, red rose.
I gingerly lifted the rose by it`s stem, examining this thing from top to bottom. Nothing odd about it, just a rose, yes there is something strange, this rose has not one thorn on it.
Now , I am a little worried. I have a lot of roses in the lower
garden, but they all have thorns.
All doors are locked, no cars in the drive. No one has been here during the night, except---- you know.
Lisa always smelled of roses, she loved roses. But , you know the story, Lisa has never been here , while alive.

This story probably has it`s roots in the tragic voyage, where Lisa was lost at sea. I don`t know. I tried to get a dog once,
he stayed with me for a while, but would never come in the house. I have befriended a couple of feral cats who live in the barn. Neither of them have ever been in the house.
Two girls keep the house clean for me. They don`t have a key. It is extremely doubtful either of them would walk into my bedroom during the night and they are`nt due here until the end of the week. I have friends who visit occasionally , but again, none of them have a key and they would`nt be in my bedroom in the middle of the night.
Come to think of it, when I left on vacation last summer I made arrangements with friends, a young couple from town.
They were to stay in my house, feed the animals and just take care of the place while I was gone. They left in the middle of the first night. All they would say was , some lady wandered through the house in the middle of the night softly calling my name. Of course I thought the usual thing, these people had just decided they did`nt like staying here and left. And, maybe that`s all it was.
Then I start to recall some of the odd things that have happened in this house. One night a group of friends stopped by. We were having a great time when one of the girls came running up the stairs, eyes wide and telling me that some strange lady whispered to her from a darkened room. All she said was my name, she kept whispering my name to this girl...... Now, Norma was a little excitable and she had consumed several drinks, so I gave it little thought.
But, there is always the smell of flowers in my room. I think of Lisa , of course, because it is like the scent of her. Nonsense ! It has to be in my memory, it`s generated by reminiscing . I think of Lisa , therefore she appears to me in
these various ways.
There have been other strange sounds in the night, sighs, the piano moving away from the wall, sobbing sounds from the kitchen. All of this phenomena I have credited to my imagination, the wind in the eves , birds, whatever------------
But, the rose ?
----- Eagle Cruagh
 

© 2010 Eagle Cruagh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Just like the first and second parts of your wonderful story, this draws me in and to want more and SOON.

This part is really quite spooky, tho I've a feeling about the outcome*. (Knowing me, I'll be completely wrong!)

I so love the rose touch, cos roses mean I love you... and that's stretching from somewhere to you and maybe it's comforting... or not.. oh dear, not making sense and that's because of *

So, will you please post the next part as quickly as possible, to put me out of my agony!

This is an incredible read, want to know how it ends. Gripping stuff, truly.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I enjoyed the very last sentence. It answered questions, yet left a question hanging at the same time. Very mysterious again and keeps the reader hooked to the story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You know, I really love this. This part goes above and beyond even the first two. It exceeds the expectations of your readers and shows how talented you truly are.
You know my thoughts on the current Part Four and I remember why it has become what it is.. I just ask that you spend some time with that one and bring it back to life to be on par with these first three.

This is beautifully and hauntingly told here.

Posted 11 Years Ago


a very sensual story of an in tune heart, mind and body to a lover's entice :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, another great part! I didn't list the typos cause I was too busy reading...lol. I love the fact that others are seeing her and hearing her now. Makes her more tangible to the reader as well as your visitors. I am finding myself wondering about the rose and the significance of the lack of thorns. I can't wait for the next installment. Please let me know when you have completed this and send me a request to read.

Tigra

Posted 15 Years Ago


As the first two parts, this leave me wanting the next.

Every word draws a picture. Every word stirs emotion.

It is sad that he can't accept that Lisa loved him so, that she is still with him.

Thank you.

E. Liza Jayne


Posted 15 Years Ago


Just like the first and second parts of your wonderful story, this draws me in and to want more and SOON.

This part is really quite spooky, tho I've a feeling about the outcome*. (Knowing me, I'll be completely wrong!)

I so love the rose touch, cos roses mean I love you... and that's stretching from somewhere to you and maybe it's comforting... or not.. oh dear, not making sense and that's because of *

So, will you please post the next part as quickly as possible, to put me out of my agony!

This is an incredible read, want to know how it ends. Gripping stuff, truly.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sir, why do you care about ratings? {What do they mean in this arena anyway? Or more importantly out of it in the real publishing world}
Wouldn't you rather know how your readers percieved the story itself {as in flow, wording most effectively, grammar, quality of imagination, speed, buildup, etc..} and thus have something to consider and help you grow as a writer?

That having been said I did read this and I found it solid and good, but as a reader {your audience per say} I have a few thoughts. And honestly im hesitant to share them, which does not bode well for growth.

Ill explain what I mean, as this is how Id review...

you may want to look at this,
-decided they did`nt like staying here and left. {didn't?}

and
I think this part is super strong
-the piano moving away from the wall, sobbing sounds from the kitchen. All of this phenomena I have credited to my imagination, the wind in the eves , birds, whatever-----

There's more I want to say, if you're open to my thoughts please contact me, I think there are parts of this that are super strong.

HH



Posted 16 Years Ago


Eagle, I am caught up in this story already and I haven't read the first 2 of the 4 parts!! I"ve not been on here for a while because of starting a new job...adjustment is hard. Anyway..I intend to go read the other two to get the backround!! I am really liking this. It's right up my alley. ;0)
Julie

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

372 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 16, 2008
Last Updated on June 16, 2010

Author

Eagle Cruagh
Eagle Cruagh

CA



About
-------It is your mind---- that creates this world--- -----Buddha ----------------------- eaglecruagh.blogspot.com .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..