OH STUPID ME

OH STUPID ME

A Poem by Eagle Cruagh
"

A plea to read behind the words

"
OH, STUPID ME
 
Starting to write a poem
May be like rap
It starts with simple words
And winds up mouthing pap
 
But then I don`t really know
What it is the law allows
I just think out loud
And try to keep my vows
 
You see the world looks up to me
And that`s a joke you see
What values can we efface
Is anything left of saving grace ?
 
Oh stupid me is all that counts
In a world of self indulgent louts
Or is that just my opinion
Because I don`t agree
 
At twenty years we knew it all
So you can tell his age
When someone tells you how to live
Just smile and turn the page
 
Just who is stupid here ?
I told you at the start
And you thought about a thing
That set you and the world apart
 
You wind up finding out
The truth is in the words
You just have to sort them well
And you will find what truth`s about
---- Eagle Cruagh
 
 

© 2008 Eagle Cruagh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Awwe...How human you are, John. I used to call ignorant people stupid, until I realized my own ignorance.

(People with low IQ's are as innocent as babes, and should never be called stupid!)

When we are twenty years of age and believe we know everything, we are just being normal, the fallacy of our wisdom is part of the human growing process. In time, I have realized my own ignorance and I now cling to it, accepting it as a part of me. There are some things that will never be revealed to me, at least not in this lifetime. I take care not to make up things in order to fill in the blanks, as so many people do. Hell, I have done that before myself. Only now---I am more aware of things and do my best not to.

The older I get, the more I realize how much I do not know. You, of course, know all of these this I am saying, don't you! Yes, just as I know what you were saying in this poem.

I used to think wisdom was knowledge, then I realized wisdom and knowledge are not one and the same. Wisdom is a conglomeration of knowledge and truth and the process of carrying them both out in our daily lives. I am a proverbial encyclopedia, yet lived such a stupid existence for so long. That is truth!

I myself look up to you because, in many ways you possess knowledge of the truth that I am thirsty for. Plus, I have grown to love you over the years. I have respected what I know of your life's journey, the dedication and sense of responsibility you have carried out, and will continue to do so, until the very end.

You are correct, the truth is in the "WORD" and I shall be sorting through them till my dying day, because each time I read them, they share something new that is Holy truth.

My personal definition of stupid is: Knowing the truth and paying no mind to it.

You are in my prayers, dear.

God Bless
Imogean~

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very good thoughts put in Prose, thanks.

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
G
After i read your lines about poetry and rap. I know longer paid any attention to what you wrote. Not all rap is good just like not all poetry is good. That also depends on the eye of the reader. I think that if you haven't really listened to different varieties of rap that is not coming from an open mind. But in in the end you did get rap. And I got your poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love it! It's like a rap sorta. It would be a great rap!
Except I don't like rap. Oh, stupid me!

Lovelove-Jamie

Posted 15 Years Ago


This does read like a rap as you staarted it and then it seemed to be more like telling a tale of how life is..At 20 it seems we do think we know it all..then at 40 we wish we had turned RIGHT instead of WRONG at many of lifes cross roads..God bless..Valentine..Is Imogean, the girlfriend, wife, or the one that will be sitting in your human saddle!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


this is a great poem, I enjoyed reading it!! yea you are right? who is the stupid one really...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I believe poetry is about learning from your surroundings and others. Are we stupid for "turning the page?" I think we are stupid if you don't.

Great write.
Chaos

Posted 15 Years Ago


You have expressed your emotions with excellence! I love the truth that you have inserted throughout the poem, almost in a criptic way. Great write~ Jude :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Loved the ending. =]
"The truth is in the words"...

truly.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed this write
We all have bad days more bad than good for me lately
If you have offended someone then as a poet, I think you probably did a good job LOL
My sense of humor does that all the time
Nice write Thanks Ray { Not a Poet }


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When someone tells you how to live just smile and turn the page!!! That was brilliant I think , great job Eagle, great job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

496 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 3, 2008
Last Updated on June 3, 2008

Author

Eagle Cruagh
Eagle Cruagh

CA



About
-------It is your mind---- that creates this world--- -----Buddha ----------------------- eaglecruagh.blogspot.com .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..