Rest In Peace English

Rest In Peace English

A Poem by EDziver

Rest In Peace, English


Language, connotation, intonation, denotation it's all becoming so twisted and lack-witted, unbearable, unmanageable and completely useless. One thing said means two others, a line written with a thousand meanings and words with no meaning at all. Slang is the new thang while proper English follows Latin slowly. English has become Frankenstein's Monster, taking parts of everything and turning into something grotesque. Its parts so different that it has different dialects from Canada to Mexico and a different language all together across the continents. English will be so different from itself that we'll need a new 'common' language to communicate. If only Shakespeare were alive today, to see how far we've come and how little we've progressed. Tests take time but now they'll be worthless, literary extinction will hit like a hurricane and we'll all be saying “Hey,” and “You know what I mean?” instead of saying and writing what needs to be said. We will fall into the abyss of lack-lustre literature, laugh our ways through life, illiterate. The English language will be lost in a sea of slang, with proper speech and literacy being the rare piece of land that breaks the surface. Rest in peace, English.


© 2013 EDziver


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on March 28, 2013
Last Updated on March 28, 2013

Author

EDziver
EDziver

Windsor, Ontario, Canada



About
I love fiction, mostly anything historical or mythology based. I greatly enjoy being able to blur the lines between the real world and our own imagination, and making people think, "Hey this could act.. more..

Writing
Resolve Resolve

A Poem by EDziver