Something Fishy About This Tall Tale

Something Fishy About This Tall Tale

A Story by Earl Schumacker
"

Recreation in the outer boundaries of space and time

"

Something Fishy About This Tall Tale


John Quarks likes walking in the dark on the edge of time lines and great open spaces. He likes nothing better than fishing in foreign ponds. One day he steps into our vicinity from an alternate universe causing the entire Earth to tremble. He touched our sun with his index finger, (John is rather large by the way.) His actions caused a nasty burn and a giant yell from the young explorer.  The injury is already turning red, becoming swollen and is sure to leave a welt.


He grabs Jupiter and Saturn to be utilized as fishing float devices. They will make great bobbers, not simply because they are pretty shiny objects but because they are just the right light weights for catching the big ones. The young man uses Earth as bait. It will be the perfect lure. He holds his new red pole straight, while securing his line with the other planets. The silver hook passing through Earth's core probably didn't speak well for the people of the world and their prospects for a happy future. John then casts them into the great beyond. The rod snapped like a whip. The line flew out with lighting speed.


On his first throw the gear lands almost outside the galaxy. Right away he gets his first bite and reels it in as his rod bends low, bows something awful. He struggles for a few days like a mad man in battle, which is no big deal when you consider the light years the line must travel.


To the young fisherman's surprise, he caught himself an electric eel, covered in dark matter, black holes, with some quasars around the tail. Obviously, because of its large size, Earth and the other gear got swallowed whole. John had a devil of a time removing his line from inside the beast. His finger still hurt from the sun burn he sustained upon arrival.


It was getting dark, (To tell the truth, it is always dark in space) so he had to pack up and start back home before his eel got any more consumed by the black holes and matter surrounding it.


John liked Earth so much that he added it to his collection. It reminded him of a blue marble he once had as a child. He tossed Saturn and Jupiter back into space because he was running out of room in his tackle box and he was running late.


It takes time and energy to travel through several dimensions. Alternate universes are no piece of cake either. Cosmic voids are no toys to be trifled with but he sure enjoyed himself.


John had a very productive day. He wonders what to have with eel dinner. Chablis or Chianti?


It could not be validated or even established, if in fact, they have these wines in stock in other universes or other galactic travels in the vast expanses but we would not be surprised in light of the events witnessed, unfolded here today in our little corner of what was once our world.


With a name like Quarks we expected him to be much shorter....much much smaller in fact. We only know that John likes fishing and he does it very well.


© 2018 Earl Schumacker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on May 7, 2018
Last Updated on May 7, 2018
Tags: size, fishing, space, time, travel, destruction, fun, silly

Author

Earl Schumacker
Earl Schumacker

Atlantic City, NJ



About
B.A. Degree in Literature and Language. I enjoy writing short stories, poetry, novels and keeping up with new scientific discoveries. I enjoy philosophy and Art appreciation. more..

Writing