Being Catholic

Being Catholic

A Story by Earl Schumacker
"

An article on religion

"

Being Catholic


According to Catholics; Christmas is not about you. It is about Christ. Happy birthday Jesus.

Easter is the most important holiday. It is more important than Christmas. Jesus died to give you eternal life and salvation. Eternity is a long time. We celebrate that fact.


Catholics are tolerant. They are not bigots or racists. (There is a difference.) They are tolerant of homosexuals. They are tolerant of other cultures and religions.

Real Catholics have no tolerance for abortion. Murder is wrong. It might be legal to kill babies but it is still wrong and a sin against God and nature.


All people are equal.


Real Catholics understand that their bodies do not belong to them. They are the property of God. They are the temples of the Holy Spirit. Women do not have a right to kill or remove a child from their womb. They and their womb belong to God. They have no right to violate their bodies. Men who permit this activity are complicit in this crime and violation against God and His laws. (In general, abortion is good for men because corporations, run by men, now have more female workers in the work force not encumbered by the burden of child care. Women are “Free” to work, “Free” to be controlled by a male dominated corporate world. The government now has what they wanted from the early 50's; “Population control” and a predictable non pregnant female work force.)


Catholics do not give cute names to ugly matters. They do not have “affairs” or “fool around.” It is called adultery. Adultery is a sin. Adultery is betrayal. Betrayal is a horrific crime and sin.


Real Catholics believe in monogamy. (though they do not always practice the concept and monogamy is not a kind of wood.) The idea is for one man and one woman to marry and to be loyal to one another. Trust and loyalty are the backbone of civilization.


1% of the human population is perverse. 1% of Catholic priests are perverse. (by virtue of them being members of the human race that makes sense.) Other religions and cultures are also populated by people. (humans) They too are guilty of sex crimes. Again, we are looking at a 1% figure in those populations. (Fake news would have you think otherwise.)


Real Catholics are not liberal Democrats. That is another religion. It is anti-Catholic.


Is there a devil and demons? Yes. (They own real estate in NY, NJ, Florida and naturally, California.)


Catholicism is not a happy go lucky feel good religion. When you walk into the church you immediately see a dead Guy hanging on a cross. You see a tortured bloodied Man with a crown of thorns embedded in His head and yes, you have to make sacrifices yourself to be a Catholic.  


On the bright side of things; unlike all other religions on Earth where you have to do a long list of things to reach a state of grace, Catholics don't really have to do anything but believe and have faith in Jesus. You are automatically saved simply by believing in Christ. There are still rules. (keeping the 10 Commandments.) Keep them and you are home free.  Faith is not complicated.  The power of truth and love are the most significant weapons against evil and ignorance.


Am I Catholic?  Yes...and I wish everybody was.


Is the pope Catholic? Yes.


If you have other questions feel free to ask.

© 2018 Earl Schumacker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on September 13, 2018
Last Updated on September 13, 2018
Tags: definitions, religion, faith, understanding, culture

Author

Earl Schumacker
Earl Schumacker

Atlantic City, NJ



About
B.A. Degree in Literature and Language. I enjoy writing short stories, poetry, novels and keeping up with new scientific discoveries. I enjoy philosophy and Art appreciation. more..

Writing