A Bed Time Story

A Bed Time Story

A Story by Earl Schumacker
"

A little birdie told me so.

"

Once upon a time there was a big bad man who ruled a country in the south. He was formerly a bus driver but when Hugo Chavez died, (the former big bad king), he left his bus driver friend in charge.

This friend talks to a little bird, which turns out, by coincidence, by chance, to be the incarnation, the very spirit of Chavez, who gives instructions to the new king daily on how to drive the country into a ditch just like it was a bus gone wild and it comes with a horn that goes tweet tweet while Maduro sleeps. He sleeps in a deep sleep dreaming of little birdies on the wing and buses that go beep beep through the streets of Caracas to the cheers of the millions. 

Everyone is happy. That is if your name happens to be Maduro and you were a former bus driver and a person who speaks to little birds, who happens to own a country in the south called Venezuela.

The big bad man gets bigger by the minute. Citizens will have to pay more taxes to buy a bigger mirror to fit him in it while he watches himself on TV. Maybe one with special magical properties that shows the image of his protegee, the little invisible birdie perched on his shoulder when he talks about the economy and all the invisible nutritious food the people get to eat. Words can be very delicious with plenty of seasoning and enough salt and peppering or assaulting of the senses. 

On May 20, 2018 Maduro re-elects himself as president and king. How sweet is that?

The people in the kingdom used to dream about oil in their cars to make them run. Now they dream of oil for their salads but there is none. There is no food of any kind....not a single crumb... There is only crude oil in the ground and a cruder ruler who gets around in limousines instead of buses to get things done. 

He lives happily ever after in the kingdom in the south because bus drivers are the same as us. If you can't trust public transportation who can you trust? A little birdie told me so.

Authors note: I encourage you to read the fact find search on this story. It makes for interesting reading. Nicolas Maduro Moros - 
September 17, 2018 - President Maduro is criticized for eating a lavish meal by celebrity chef Nusret Gökçe, also known as Salt 
Bae, in the midst of a food crisis in his country of Venezuela. 
September 26, 2018 - Maduro speaks at the UN General Assembly, calling the humanitarian crisis in his country a "fabrication." 
(Who needs jobs? Who needs food? It must be a new weight loss program because some of the people were obese but I'm only speculating.) 
The word Moros, according to the dictionary means, 1: “having a sullen and gloomy disposition 2: marked by or
expressive of gloom 
(But this i
s a happy ever after kind of place, so again, this is pure speculation on the authors part.)

© 2018 Earl Schumacker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on November 2, 2018
Last Updated on November 2, 2018
Tags: corruption, politics, judgement, absurdity

Author

Earl Schumacker
Earl Schumacker

Atlantic City, NJ



About
B.A. Degree in Literature and Language. I enjoy writing short stories, poetry, novels and keeping up with new scientific discoveries. I enjoy philosophy and Art appreciation. more..

Writing