A 3 Line Poem

A 3 Line Poem

A Poem by Earl Schumacker
"

A short poem with a subtitle and an explanation or excuse

"
A 3 Line Poem With Subtitles and An Explanation
Here is the subtitle part- “Love Hurts” (love it or leave it)


3 Line Poem

Love takes you higher than the sky to heaven
It drops you daintily onto a rainbow fun cloud
Slices you in two to die in the cesspool of truth



Explanation: The author is trying to tell you, the reader, (you know who you are), in oh so many words, that love has its good points and bad points. You know; ups and downs and stuff like that. He does not wish to delve too deeply into this matter because babies and children might be around and after all, it is simply and only a measly 3 line poem. He prays that you understand this fine point and that you are willing to use your own imaginations to draw your final conclusions on this controversial subject, which as always, is a wholesome, good old fashioned fun endeavor, good for the entire family and beyond. Also: This poem should not to be confused with a haiku, which has a 3 line structure and a 5-7-5 meter count or measure. Enjoy or destroy is our motto of the day.

© 2019 Earl Schumacker


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your short three line poem certainly left plenty of room between the lines Earl for further contemplation. My mind wandered to many places, some beautiful and some which made me grateful I had left behind. Hope all is good with you.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


Earl Schumacker

5 Years Ago

Good morning Christine,
Glad you enjoyed my short but not so sweet poem. Everything is fin.. read more
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Good to hear from you Earl. You take care my friend.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 22, 2019
Last Updated on February 22, 2019
Tags: love, death, happy, fun, silly

Author

Earl Schumacker
Earl Schumacker

Atlantic City, NJ



About
B.A. Degree in Literature and Language. I enjoy writing short stories, poetry, novels and keeping up with new scientific discoveries. I enjoy philosophy and Art appreciation. more..

Writing