Words Have Meaning

Words Have Meaning

A Story by Earl Schumacker
"

The significance of proper language usage.

"
Since we all have to stay inside today how about playing a nice little game with me called Words Have Meaning?

1st. question in the Buzzer round: Is the pope Catholic or is the Catholic the pope? BZZZZ! You took too long to answer that. The real answer is; The pope is Catholic. I am a Catholic but that does not make me the pope. In fact I am not the pope. The pope is both Catholic and the pope. See the difference?

Question 2: Is Santa Claus Christmas or is Christmas Christmas? You are starting to catch on. Christmas is Christmas. Santa Claus is not. Santa is Santa.

Question 3: Is the coronavirus to blame for the worldwide pandemic today or is it Covid 19? The answer is a little tricky but the right answer is “Covid 19.” Coronavirus is a general term for a vast group of viruses like the common cold, (later named human coronavirus 229E and human coronavirus OC43). Other members of this family have since been identified, including SARS-CoV in 2003, HCoV NL63 in 2004, HKU1 in 2005, MERS-CoV in 2012, and SARS-CoV-2 (formerly known as 2019-nCoV) in 2019.

Isn’t it funny how SARS, the deadly coronavirus was released from the same “virus” lab in Wuhan China in 2003? What a coincidence.

For those of you still following this exercise in logic and rationality, Wuhan China is not in the USA. It is in China. Covid 19 comes from China not from Donald Trump, not from Santa Claus, not from the pope. It is from China.

I watched a young Asian American college student boy on TV last night. He was gravely offended because Trump called Covid 19 a “China” coronavirus. He called Trump a racist. I know. I know. Facts don’t mean anything to the snowflakes on the west coast. (Now that is racist! That is me! Thank you thank you. No need to applaud.) If the coronavirus called Covid 19 came from India would we have to do a war dance and scalp Trump? Does it matter what kind of Indians we are talking about?

The poor Asian American boy student. Would someone please find him a teddy bear to hug and some soft to the touch tissues to squeeze. I think I’m going to puke.

Thank you for playing. Hope you all had fun. Stay inside. Stay safe.

© 2020 Earl Schumacker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on March 31, 2020
Last Updated on March 31, 2020
Tags: Political, agenda, judgement, virus

Author

Earl Schumacker
Earl Schumacker

Atlantic City, NJ



About
B.A. Degree in Literature and Language. I enjoy writing short stories, poetry, novels and keeping up with new scientific discoveries. I enjoy philosophy and Art appreciation. more..

Writing