Today

Today

A Story by Earl Schumacker
"

An Easter message

"

Today


Good Morning Citizens Of Life,


Today is the most important day and holiday in existence. Yes, more important than Christmas.

At the moment when Jesus rolled away the stone from His tomb, every person who had ever lived, every person alive today, everyone who will ever be born in the future was given eternal life in that split second. Immortality is a good thing. Don’t worry. You will not be bored. In fact it should be interesting. I imagine at this very moment that God is busy building, creating and designing new universes, creatures, elements and new dimensions just for fun. All existences, all the universes and the many dimensions are our playground.


Interesting fact, Jesus closed the door on death in that same instance. Death became a thing of the past. I know. That sounds silly but you have to look beyond the nose. There is more to life beyond the field of vision of the eyes. This stepping stone in life called Earth is just a moment in space time reality.


We must see the big picture. We all fear the unknown. We fear it because it is the unknown. Faith is difficult. God made us in His image. It is not the other way around so just go with the flow. He made nature to be wild and free. He made us, creatures of nature to work with it or against it with our free will. Free will is a very cool gift from God. We will always be in competition with nature which is a very tenacious thing. We can be good or bad. Decisions decisions…. What to do?


In just over 4 to 5 billion years from now our sun will go nova. Not to worry. You and I will not be around to see the explosion or feel the 100 million degrees Celsius temperatures that come with it. I think it will be on a Thursday morning at 10:00 am. I could be wrong. I have a 1 in 7 chance of being right. I like those odds. It could happen on a Sunday, an Easter Sunday. I’m down with that.


Life is difficult but death is impossible thanks to Easter and thanks to God. Good morning citizens of life, eternal life.


So, Happy Easter,


Earl




© 2020 Earl Schumacker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

17 Views
Added on April 12, 2020
Last Updated on April 12, 2020
Tags: Eternal life, Christ, Easter

Author

Earl Schumacker
Earl Schumacker

Atlantic City, NJ



About
B.A. Degree in Literature and Language. I enjoy writing short stories, poetry, novels and keeping up with new scientific discoveries. I enjoy philosophy and Art appreciation. more..

Writing