Future Cuisine

Future Cuisine

A Story by Earl Schumacker
"

Strange happenings at the zoo.

"

Future Cuisine


By November of 2020 all zoos in America were renamed after the 2nd. viral wave struck. They were now called Exotic animal restaurants. A big sign loomed at the entrances of the animal sanctuaries; “Eat In or Take Out.” They were replaced by the signs that read “DON’T FEED THE ANIMALS.”


In April of this year the zoo managers informed the public that they would have to feed their animals to other animals. That seemed strange to me. Shouldn’t we feed those animals to people because we have children too who need the protein.


At that moment I decided to become a vegetarian.


By December of 2020, the already fragile supply chain of farm produce, cattle and all products had come to an abrupt stop. All delivery trucks in the country had been requisitioned by the government. Only the military could make shipments of any kind. They supplied only the government officials and the army because they were deemed “essential.”


Today’s special is zebra, monkey, Bambi surprise with a water buffalo or chocolate moose A-la- Mode.

Another sign at the zoos read, “Form A Line.” “Only Essential Personnel May Dine.”


Stay in your homes. There is nothing wrong here.


If the virus does not kill you the humanity will.

© 2020 Earl Schumacker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on April 25, 2020
Last Updated on April 25, 2020
Tags: VIP, people, food, animals, viral effects

Author

Earl Schumacker
Earl Schumacker

Atlantic City, NJ



About
B.A. Degree in Literature and Language. I enjoy writing short stories, poetry, novels and keeping up with new scientific discoveries. I enjoy philosophy and Art appreciation. more..

Writing