Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Common Ancestry- Angels And People

Common Ancestry- Angels And People

A Story by Earl Schumacker
"

Freedom of Choice

"

Common Ancestry -Angels and People




I have already commented on this topic but it is worth 


mentioning again with some refinements and modifications.


In the beginning God gave angels free will so they could love Him or hate Him. Free will is a great gift. It is also a curse. God did not want to create a race of robots programmed to obey Him automatically.

Some angels decided to love God. The other ones decided to hate Him. Today we refer to them as devils.


Later on in history God created mankind. He gave us the same gift. We have free will to love Him or hate Him.  Today, those who decided to hate Him are called liberals.


To our knowledge God only created two species of creatures which He bestowed the gift or curse of free will; Angels and Men. (Men also includes women and transgenders.)


Freedom of Choice- A simple example: People need money to survive. A person can decide to rob a bank, (which could have unpleasant consequences for that individual if caught.)


That same person could get a job to make money. That too comes with unpleasant consequences. It is much easier to rob a bank than to work for a living. (Quick cash with very little effort.)


In the real world most people get a job. The rewards are small but at least you retain some freedom and your life. If you rob a bank your freedom could be compromised, even removed or you could get killed.


God made us to love Him and to not rob banks.


This has been a public service announcement.


Have a great day and don’t rob any banks. Most of you can’t do that anyway because it is Sunday and the banks are all closed.


Have a great crime free day anyway. You have no choice but to be good today.

(So much for freedom of choice.)


© 2021 Earl Schumacker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on November 7, 2021
Last Updated on November 7, 2021
Tags: Free will, religion, angels, people, banks

Author

Earl Schumacker
Earl Schumacker

Atlantic City, NJ



About
B.A. Degree in Literature and Language. I enjoy writing short stories, poetry, novels and keeping up with new scientific discoveries. I enjoy philosophy and Art appreciation. more..

Writing