When The Aliens Landed

When The Aliens Landed

A Story by Earl Schumacker
"

English as a second language not spoken

"

When The Aliens Landed


When they landed it was all at once. Thousands of large ships from space were here to stay. Humanoid creatures marched out on to the new planet in groups of ten. Was this an invasion? It appeared they didn’t need weapons so therefore carried none on their person. They simply walked off their space ships as if they had just disembarked from a cruise ship on vacation.


Indifference is the height of inhumanity. Our new visitors took that idea to the next level. They sauntered around people as if they were not there, as if they were passing vegetation or rocks in their paths. Though our military attacked them with heavy artillery, bombs and everything we could annoy them with, they simply ignored us and went about their business of exploring the land.


We could not understand why they did not speak English. Apparently they had not watched enough Earth TV. Scientists and military leaders speculated, theorized that since the radio and television signals that had been broadcasting out into deep space for so many decades now, perhaps they had not penetrated their thick alein skulls sufficiently to educate them to our ways. That is just rude.


It was astounding how much they look like us and are so much like us. The thick silver metallic like skin was unusual for sure and probably the reason bullets and other fire power had no effect on them. Two eyes, a mouth and nose make them almost as human looking as us.


This was supposed to be the greatest discovery in the history of mankind. Our new guests hardly gave us a thought. It was like a hard boiled egg covered in cold water, left outside in the cold without the shell, minus the contents inside.


Now for the good: They eat insects. Since our world has trillions of them, they would never be without a good, nutritious and healthy meal; (nasty as that might seem.) At least they are not eating us. When they landed, quickly, suddenly, in the middle of the night, without warning, they accidentally landed on some houses and cars in the process, crushing and killing the occupants inside. We did not immediately view this as an act of war but we were alarmed. True. We did attack them immediately upon their arrival but that was justifiable. We are a paranoid people pron to hysteria if you do not fit our definition of normal. We have every right to exterminate you if you are not exactly like us or one of us.


One of the groups of aliens consisting of10 individuals entered a near by convenience store. A large sign clearly displayed the rule, “NO MORE THAN 2 CUSTOMERS AT A TIME.” The silver skinned creatures paid it no mind. They grabbed many odd items from the shelves, walked past the store clerk without paying. One of the humanoids returned and stood in front of the cashier and said something strange, “Would you like pickles with that?”


They were never heard from again. Needless to say, they did not pay for services rendered or products taken. The concept of money was as foreign to them as the language they refused to speak.


© 2022 Earl Schumacker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on June 4, 2022
Last Updated on June 4, 2022
Tags: Alien. communication, shopping, shop lifting

Author

Earl Schumacker
Earl Schumacker

Atlantic City, NJ



About
B.A. Degree in Literature and Language. I enjoy writing short stories, poetry, novels and keeping up with new scientific discoveries. I enjoy philosophy and Art appreciation. more..

Writing