A Sea Gull and the World Await Holy Smoke

A Sea Gull and the World Await Holy Smoke

A Story by Easter3
"

What do Sea Gulls and a New Pope have in common ?

"

 

Millions of Eyes around the World, Catholic or not, gazed longingly and questioningly at the slender cylindrical chimney atop the Vatican during these propitious Ides of March. Eyes of Hope for the announcement of 2013’s unexpected, but expectantly awaited new Pope.

 

Today, the tension-filled waiting was eased by a curious (and or very tired) Sea Gull, which for reasons only it is aware of, decided to alight the chimney of the Holy Smoke. A Bird associated with the elements of Air, Water and Land (the Shoreline). A Bird which lives between two places, and never travels far from either. This Bird both swims and flies, and knows how to Behave and Work within and upon both elemental spheres.

 

In some cultures the Sea Gull symbolizes abilities or lessons to be given regarding Proper Courtesy, Behaviors and Knowledgeable Communication.

 

Valuable elemental properties for a Church badly in Need of these Qualities, and this type of Leadership from its helm in order to Heal what ails it.

 

And then Pope Francis stepped out upon the balcony, and asked Everyone to Pray Silently for the Church, and for his Leadership to be what the Church, and its Peoples, Needed.

 

Silent Prayer. The Action of an Humble Man, and Inclusive Man. Instead of saying his own singular Prayer to the heavens for everyone else to bow their heads to, and be attentive to; he instead Created a Sacred Space for EveryOne to participate in that very auspicious moment with him, in their own Ways and in their own Words. Silently. Actively. The Action of an Humble, Inclusive, Holy Man.

 

Pope Francis is an Italian immigrant who found a Home in Argentina, South America. A Scholar who became a Jesuit priest, and rose through the Catholic Church’s hierarchy to become a Cardinal (a Spiritual Bird of a varying feather coloration, who never forgot his Gull-ties to the Spiritual and Earthly Shoreline).

 

Pope Francis truly Believes and Lives his Vows of Poverty. Instead of living in the Church Palace when he rose to his Cardinalship, he Chose to live in a small apartment and ride the bus to his office every day he worked.

 

He is a Man of Social Justice and Social Action toward the Poor and UnJustly and UnEqually treated. However, due to his ties to the Traditions of the Spiritual Sea and Land, it is doubtful that he will condone or accept the UnJust and UnEqual treatment of Gays or those Women who want to control their Lives responsibly with contraceptives. They will probably continue to be left floundering on the outskirts of the Church, and the new Pope’s version of Inclusiveness. Love the Sinner, but hate the Sin. The Church’s Doors will be open to you, but we prefer that you sit on the back pew and ‘don‘t ask, don‘t tell‘. Holy Smoke will probably continue to sting and burn their Eyes, Hearts, Bodies and Minds.

But the Poor and down trodden who are not Gay or seeking methods of contraception, will be embraced, and receive whatever Blessings the Church can bestow upon them.

 

That, at least, is something in these Times of Global UnCertainty.

 

Social Justice is once again on the front burner.

 

Americans voted for President Obama for that very same Reasoning: the Conscious and UnConscious Need for Social Justice for All in America and Globally.

 

Social Justice demands Responsible Behaviors and Knowledgeable Communication from EveryOne. Everyone.

 

Let Us all Hope and Pray (Meditate) that this Trend for and toward Social Justice in Our Global Leaders continues to be Nurtured and Sustained around the Sea Gulls‘, and Humanity’s, Earthly and Spiritual Shorelines of the World (as well as the Heavens).

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2013 Easter3


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on March 14, 2013
Last Updated on March 14, 2013
Tags: Pope Francis, Holy Smoke, Papacy, sea gulls, the Conclave, Catholic Church, Social Justice, vows of poverty, responsible behavior, communication

Author

Easter3
Easter3

Liberty Hill, TX



About
Leah Sellers is a native Texan who has enjoyed four varied careers in her lifetime as a: Secondary Education teacher in the fields of English, History, Journalism and Special Education, an Activity di.. more..

Writing