Art, Perspectives of HIgh and Low

Art, Perspectives of HIgh and Low

A Story by Easter3
"

Art's important trivialities and trivial importances.

"

After reading Dr. Lawrence Nannery’s latest article,” Art, High and Low” in Ovi Magazine, I thought, “Yes, having been a high school English teacher for Advanced Placement students at one point in time, I have to agree with much of what he asserted within his article about the Rules and Styles guiding Poetry as an Art Form. I taught such things to my Students as well. However, my admission of such made me uneasy for some indiscernible reason.

 

Then I saw Tony Zuvela’s cartoon (in Ovi Magazine) depicting Human Beings evolving from Monkeys/Apes, and my incomprehensible un-ease gained clarity.

 

Since Many Evolutionary Monkeys/Apes spend most of their days swinging and playing in the High tops of trees. And Many Evolutionary Human Beings spend most of their days (and nights) walking, running or driving from one grounded Job or Task to another. I’d have to say that Dr. Nannery’s High-to-Low/Low-to-High points-of-view regarding Art holds some even deeper Truths.

 

All Art Forms have Meaning, Beauty (sometimes an Ugly Beauty), Discipline, Rules and Truths or Not.

 

It all depends upon the Eyes, Minds and Souls of the Beholders.

 

Whether the Creator/Beholders are sitting in swaying tree tops quietly Contemplating and Meditating upon the Acts of Human Beings, and cogitating on the sweetness of ripened bananas. Or revving it up driving from one shiny skyscraper to another or some kinetic/stagnant destination to another rocketing down some lonely or overcrowded highway to a fast food drive-thru or barreling onward to Somewhere - to NoWhere. It’s always a matter of Perspective.

 

Because whether the Monkeys/Apes in the High Tops of trees or the Revving Engines in the High Tops of sky scraping Towers like it or not, Future Generations will Change, TransForm, ConForm and ReForm the Disciplines, Rules, Artistic Styles and Stylizing,…etc., the Artistic ebb and flow of Poetry’s Songs of the Souls to please and serve their Own brand of digitizing, pictalizing, fusioning, fissioning, quantum physicking Poetic Songs of Their Souls. And that’s the High-to-Low/Low-to-High of it.

 

Hoo-hoo-hah-hah ! Look out for that Tree !

VaRoom-ba-boom ! You ain’t beatin’ Me !

0010100010000 - zoom ! Giving meaning to Punctuating Punctuality !

Zip, zap, fizzle, sizzle, pop ! It takes imploding and exploding Little Bangs

To Energize and Make the Big Bangs Possible

Potentialities Realities !

 

All Art Forms Teach Us, and allow Us to Feel, Sense and Know that One Being’s Stinky Trash is another Being’s Fragrant Treasure ! And that’s the High-to-Low/Low-to-High of it.

 

All Art Forms Teach Us, and allow Us to Feel, Sense and Know the Importance of Trivial Things and the Trivialities of Important Things.

 

All Art Forms Teach us, and allow Us to Feel, Sense and Know that EveryThing comes and goes from and to Sacredly Profane SomeWheres

And SomeWhere comes and goes from and to Profanely Sacred EveryThings.

 

© 2013 Easter3


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on April 12, 2013
Last Updated on April 12, 2013
Tags: Art Forms, Poetry, high and low art, evolution, monkeys, apes, human beings, artistic truths

Author

Easter3
Easter3

Liberty Hill, TX



About
Leah Sellers is a native Texan who has enjoyed four varied careers in her lifetime as a: Secondary Education teacher in the fields of English, History, Journalism and Special Education, an Activity di.. more..

Writing