Geophysics and Sociophysics Have A Lot In Common

Geophysics and Sociophysics Have A Lot In Common

A Story by Easter3
"

Earth and Humanity at play with similarities and synxhronicity

"
Unseen, beneath the busy little feet of all Humanity the Earth’s subterranean tectonic plates shift, grind and moan.  Faults are formed.  Tremendous stress is created.  Energy becomes elastic - 100 atomic bombs (more or less) in strength - expand and shrink.  An ever kinetic gigantic rubber band of simultaneous Creation and Destruction Vibrates and Ripples.  Eventually, Earthquakes erupt, Tsunamis roar and mayhem ensues.
 
Un-Consciously (and Sub-Consciously), within the busy little Talking (and Mute) Heads of Humanity, Cultural plates shift, grind and moan.  Faults are formed rending the Cultural fabrics and structures of Humankind to the Bone.  Tremendous stress is created.  Energy becomes simultaneously static and dynamic - 100 atomic bombs (less or more) in strength - shrink and expand.  An ever vibrating and rippling Psychic Band Wave of simultaneous Creation and Destruction twangs.  And eventually Revolutions belch, Wars rage and mayhem ensues.
 
All quite similarly predictably unpredictable and randomly cyclical in Nature.  And the echoes, sound waves, tremors and Ripple Effects of Geophysical and Sociophysical disruptions and degradations go on, and on, and on…..
 
The Earth and Humanity both share a history and Deep Knowledge of organic systematic ruptures, rips, shakedowns, and rocks-n-rolls.
 
For instance, Culturally, predators and prey, left and right, conservatives and liberals, religious and non-religious, rich and poor, entitled and non-entitled, grind past one another for years.  Just like tectonic plates along a split fault.
 
Then something happens.  A Catalyst ignites a Spark or gives a Hard Shove, and Ba-Ba-Boom !  The Earth - the Governments of Nations - shake, rattle, crumble, implode and explode into noisy, damaging Chaos.
 
Leaving both, the Geophysical and the Sociophysical structures, seeking to regain Balance - in a World Gone Mad.  In order to form another Structure which will either reduce or further induce the stress levels already Destroying and Moving old formations while Creating and Shifting new formations.
 
Geophysically, Land, Flora and Oceans become displaced.  Sociophysically, People, and Fauna become displaced, homeless, desperate and confused.  Volcanoes form and spew out fiery lava, dangerous missiles, and poisonous gases from the Earth, just as Warring Societies do.  Just as dictatorial Propaganda Machines and dominating Martial Law pound down upon the oppressed Heads of the Multitudes during cataclysmic Societal events.
 
Sometimes, within the Earth, Subduction occurs.  One plate pushes against another - one plate overrides another and pushes the subjugated plate down creating massive Energetic Tension and Instability.
 
Similarly, Subduction can also occur within  Global Societies.  One Dictator (or several Corporate or Banking Entities or Self imposed Elitist Kings and Queens) push against the Middle Class and the Poor - They override the Masses, and push and shove the Masses down Creating massive Energetic Tension and Instability.
 
Just as within the Earth - that massive Energetic Tension and Instability has to go Somewhere - becomes displaced Somewhere.  Just as the Earth crumples up and implodes/explodes the Socially Beaten Down, Overridden, and Downtrodden will also eventually crumple up and implode/explode.
 
It’s all a matter of Physics.  Simple (and yet very complex) Physics.  Amazingly ignored and overlooked by Collective Human Memory.
 
When will Humanity ever Learn ?!
 
Try as Scientists may, Humans still cannot predict large Earthquakes with any degree of high certainty.  Neither can Scientists or Humankind predict large Wars with any degree of high certainty.
 
However, Scientists seem to agree that a Global Clustering of Earthquakes are occurring more frequently these days, just as Humanity seems to concur that a Global Clustering of “…of Wars and rumors of Wars…” are also occurring with more frequency, and are leading up to - and feeding into - the “Big One‘. 
 
But (with or without a crystal ball or seismograph) no one can predict with any high degree of certainty when the “Big One” (the Big Earthquake or the Big Global War) which will Destroy Everything Humanity Knows and Cherishes will occur (if ever).
 
Un-Fortunately, this Un-Certain Knowledge leaves Humanity (with a rather high degree of certainty) sitting upon a rather Un-Comfortable bundle of needles and pins.
 
Thusly, it is rather a good thing that Scientists worldwide seem to agree that Ingenious Engineering is Humanity’s most promising and effective way to deal with shifting tectonic plates and Earthquakes.  Many Scientists think that the way We Build our Structures - Our Buildings - Our Homes in order to make them Quake resistant and minimize the Quakes often devastating impacts is crucial.  Is the Key to Humankind’s survival.
 
Perhaps, the same Sane and Good Advice and Reasoning should also be applied Globally to Humankind’s Social Structures - Our Governments - Our Families.
 
Perhaps, Humanity should come Together Globally to recognize and admit to its Shared problems and needs everywhere upon Our beautiful and un-predictable Earth.  And strive to Create and Form Societal Environments and Behavioral Patterns which Sustain, Nurture and Strengthen All Individuals (not just the Elitist Few), and the Earth We Live upon, Equitably and Justly.  And give All Societies the Resilience, Character, Wisdom and Tools needed and necessary to keep disasters from turning into Obliterating Catastrophes.
 
Of course, there’s always the Theory of Synchronicity between Earth and all Creatures, all Life Forms, great and small living upon her bountiful and beauteous Skin.  Which bodes the Question  - which is the Initiator, and which the Initiated upon ?  Hmmm…
 
After all, to a certain high degree of Molecular and Energetic Certainty - Earth and Humanity, in many Ways, are One.
 

© 2011 Easter3


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on January 18, 2011
Last Updated on January 18, 2011

Author

Easter3
Easter3

Liberty Hill, TX



About
Leah Sellers is a native Texan who has enjoyed four varied careers in her lifetime as a: Secondary Education teacher in the fields of English, History, Journalism and Special Education, an Activity di.. more..

Writing