I'm Afraid

I'm Afraid

A Poem by Jack Kennedy
"

The Motion

"
I'm afraid I will not be successful
I'm afraid of reincarnation
I'm afraid of society
I'm afraid of commitment
I'm afraid to fully trust someone
I'm afraid of being Unaccepted 
I'm afraid of people closest to me leaving me behind
I'm afraid of losing the people closest to me
I'm afraid of being forgotten
I'm afraid of the afterlife not being what I'm imagining
I'm afraid of pain
I'm afraid of being stuck at a job I never wanted
I'm afraid of my idols not being remembered forever
I'm afraid I will never be good enough to stand out forever
I'm afraid I might not ever be immortalized
I'm afraid that I love you but you love me not...

© 2014 Jack Kennedy


Author's Note

Jack Kennedy
All Me

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this, brutally honest.
I can understand the reasoning behind each and every fear.
Reincarnation has always been one of my fears as well, I think I would rather there be nothing to be reincarnated... yet there is that tiny glimmer of hope for a second chance.
I think these are fears that every human experiences throughout their lives. I believe one of the scariest things we all have to go through is our lives not turning out the way we wanted them to are living up to our expectations. Good write!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review! The reincarnation thing to me is very scary for some reason...
Take.. read more



Reviews

We are all afraid of one thing or another... or perhaps many things. I like this poem. It is brave and honest.

:) Julie

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review! Greatly appreciated!
I like how you put all of them together! Good job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This reminds me of what I used to be like. I love the way that this poem is straight to the point. Great write :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review! I'm glad you liked this poem :)
We are all afraid. Maybe of different things, but we all have the things we fear. I like this, it's honest and wonderful. Good write :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the review and I hope to hear more reviews from you soon! :)
"I'm afraid of my idols not being remembered forever."
This is profound.
As personally, as a die hard baseball addict, it hits home (no pun intended, aha).

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the review and I hope to get more from you soon! Thanks again :)
all you? tell me why so much fear?~ I just proved you wrong with line 9...haha didn't I.?
maria rose♥

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

You did and thank you! Thanks for the review! Don't know why so much fear but its all there. Hopeful.. read more
maria  ( rose)

9 Years Ago

:)) you make me smile..let's hope they all fade away fast.
I have to say that these are all extremely rational and very natural fears. Before I jump into my little fixations (which, I swear, are not many at all! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and it has really put my own fears in this regard into perspective) I just wanted to say that writing about these fears and facing them aren't the same things. Its good that you know what you're scared of because a lot of us, including myself at times, are in denial of them and we're content going about our lives under the false assumptions that we don't fear anything. Its great that you're aware of what you're afraid of and I hope that you are being proactive in tackling them. You have a raw talent in this arena and I've no doubts that you will touch many people with your words because they're real and they don't sugarcoat. In today's literary world, I've yet to read any one who does that.
That being said, I would like to offer some suggestions maybe to help you along: for one, try and be consistent with your rhythm. If this is poetry, rhythm is key, and finding one that suits you can be very useful later in your works. Try and have a consistent thing going; I saw that you were going "of this and of that" and then you started up with "to something", which is fine, but don't make it just that one line. If you want to re-word your prose so you can continue with "to, to, to" instead of "of, of, of", then that would be also a good mechanism to finding a rhythm or rhyme scheme that you are comfortable with. Not all poetry is meant to rhyme, but sometimes a little cadence when reading or writing poetry would be helpful in getting the message out; it keeps the readers engaged.(Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting, I taught a poetry class to a middle school and now I act like I know all there is to know about it... ;p)
I hope that helped and, honestly, this was a very refreshing read! I hope to be introduced to more of your work and I'll say this, like I tell the kids I teach all the time, don't let your fears rule you! They're only there to remind you that you've got something to beat, and you wouldn't want to lose to an imaginative entity! :)
Great job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Powerful fears, all of them and ones I can relate to...a personal write that reminds the reader they aren't alone x

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the review! :)
Lol ..what a funny guy you are.. Let me hear ya, pal .. you live your OWN life for you or for OTHERS? You want to do what you want to or get leaded by others/friends? You want the lights or nights? "(Now ..if you ask me what I want lit or a night then, now doubt ..I`d go with nights because remember, Pal .. there`s light behind the night and always night after light .. like first happiness then misery .. and misery and peace)" .. i`m not sure ..what you really afraid OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF??? Whatever you penned in the write`s not what you afraid of...I tell you what you afraid of, Man .. You afraid of 'Yourself' indeed.

You said, you afraid of pain...huh? Lol ...I tell you ...you afraid of having "Happiness" or being smiled. You afraid of fully trust someone ..huh? Let me hear ya, man ..Don't ya get afraid of having some believe in you rather than others, huh you stupid..pal?????

You said ... you won`t be successful ..really? H-U-H??? I tell ..you freaking afraid of 'Living with present' ..which`s why you worrying of future .. even though you haven`t seen future, how can you say that? Today you live, may be, tom. you die so, who knows?

Society? Huh? Champ ... let the society go burn out into the freaking flames of ashes, Do you know what? 89.7% people freaking living their lives in a fear of what? A freaking crazy thought of "Society" and I find you one of them. What a freaking jerkass you are!

Oh ..Now Commitment? Huh? Very funny? You such a funny-bunny ..ain`t ya? Who cares of commitment, pal .. if you say then you say in present and the present is what? Present`s every individual second of life. A second gone...means ..commitment gone! As same as the promises are meant to be broken but here... the commitments are freaking awesome to make but you know what? If you afraid of making commitment then let me hear ya ..how you smile in a day even though how`d you patch up with friends? No-way! You such a guy live with solitude. Make commitments if you want to but don`t care of them much cus ..if you more thinking of them ...you get find you in behind the dark-nights.

Lol..what a jerk again you are! Now afraid of what? Being Unaccepted? Really you crazy pal?? Why you worrying about it... if someone doesn`t accept you then why you sitting in a corner of a room with a bloody crying sadden face..huh? If they don`t accept you then let `em put into the ashes too .. and treasure those who accept you as you are ..as you live .. got it, pal?

Off..Oohhh..Now what? Afraid of people closest to you leaving you behind? Huh? Really.. you stupid Jack! What a fimmy moron you are here! If the closet people leave you behind then why you sitting behind and wait for them..huh?? Go--Run--& let `em sit behind ..it`s a time for fighting now, pal .. don`t be a moron ..let `em show..who you are and what the hell you can do if someone cheat on you and leave you behind .. let `em feel guilt, shame on themselves doing something which praises you around the world .. wake-up, pal.

I HATE LOOSERSSSS!!!!!!!
DON`T BE A FREAKING LOOSER!!!

Be a man! Be real!
Face it, fight it and bring it!

There`s no need to depend on others, it`s your life and you better know how to get lived or spoiled cus ..time never stops so, before the life reaches the end .. let the people know ...it`s you who you are..what you are and where the freaking hell ya are .. got it, pal?

Now what you say..huh? Afraid of what? Afraid of being forgotten ..huh? You crazy one .. see, "PAST IS MADE TO GET FORGOTTEN" ..you have to forget what you don`t want to and you have to accept what you never wished to .. let the people forget you, man .. why you caring of them? I`m wonder ..why the hell you care of those stupid jerks bugging around the world..huh? Let `em get washed away with an every tiny drop of rain.

Now ..next..what? Ah! What a pylon you are! What`s this ..huh? Afraid of after life not being what your imagining?? Stupid jerk!!!!!!!!!! You such a arse---hole in the world world, damn it .. curse your life! Why you saying your afraid of not being what your imagining? Let me hear ya again ..have you seen your next life? Have ya seen your future..huh?? Or Have you already planned where you go after death?? Huh?? Don`t worry, let`s make it clear.."I TELL YOU YOU WHERE YOU GONNA GO AFTER LIFE..YOU GONNA LIVE IN THE WARMED UP HELL AFTER YOUR BORING SO SADDEN LIFE INDEED! HEED MY WORDS, YOU MORON!! ... If you don`t imagine how beautiful you can live your present life with happiness, joy and pleasure then let me hear you..how`d you know ..how beautiful a life is?? There`s millions of people who daily even every second, due of lack of money, doing jobs in the "Porn---Professions" .. And ..don`t you watch nude videos, they all are happy because it`s their job and they love to.. No one forces them to work as a porn-star, they go their with their own will and consent, No matter what a reason behind it. They enjoy the moments of life...
...
I`m not saying you to go in a porn--city, No way .. it`s simply an example showing you a right way looking around the happiness you`ve got .. you can do better what you want to ..you better know in which field you`ve got your talent and you can hit it better with your confidence!! So, BE REAL~LIVE IN A REALITY` Instead of imaging what a life`d be after death ..what a jerk! Let me tell you one more thing ..your such a a*s-hole, pal... so, don`t get tagged a*s-hole.. Be a man and be remember ...a man never sits down to his knee LIKE A freaking looser..He lives his life, No matter how bad or how good in a way.

Now ..next, what comes .. Ah! Job? You afraid of job ... you such a stupidito .. ain`t ya, pal? I know ..every-body cares of job ..including me, to run a life successfully, we all need money but let me hear you ..why you worrying of it .. instead of running after finding jobs..why don`t you find your own talent, the knacks your born with and do something with it .. and see how your life changes, pal?

C'mmon ..vomit the fire of being inspired, pal.

Ah ..now next .. eh ..Idols?? You afraid of your idols not being remembered forever??

You now wasting my time, pal .. but I don`t want to leave it ..I want you to fired up your body, boost up your confidence RIGHT NOW implanting my words on you. Don`t care of Idols, pal ... Idols are meant to be forgotten INDEED. Every-day ...a new leaf..a new page coming on before your eyes so, why are you get finding yourself stuck in your bad past...with OLD IDOLS? Yeah, if today ....your someone`s idol then of course, tom. you won't be so, what you gotta do staying with what you are? There`s no need to do anything except "LIVING YOUR LIFE" in a way you want to rather than the way what your FANS want you to ..GOTCHA?

Hear it, you pal .. read my words careful ... even..save this review in your folder for life, I`m devoting my very expensive time...yeah, very expensive time writing this one to make you help out now don`t get confused to think..why do I want to help you even we don`t know each other? Isn't it?.. This`s not what you thinking right now ..huh? Let`s get it straight, pal .. Your simply a living to me so, am I to you .. and I Believe, if we`ve got a life ..the breathes to live then we have to admire the life ..and which`s why i`m freaking devoting my most expensive time writing few words to let you know that DON`T BE AFRAID OF ANYTHING ..JUST FACE..FACE AND JUST FACE IT, NO MATTER WHAT!

BOOST---UP! FIRED---UP!!
I want you to get fired---up!!

C'mmon ..raise you anger on me..c'mmon ..and look across the world through your eyes
C'mmon..i`m waiting .. raise your temper ..let your molten raged temper go out on me ..and feel the power of my words..I want to pintch ..tease you as much as I can as hell so that "I COULD SAVE A LIFE AND SHOW YOU A RIGHT DIRECTION TO GET LIVED!"

C'mmon ..face it! Live it! Dream it and just bring it!
Don` be a coward you a*s--hole, be a real man and come out to be original not to being fake. People love as you are .. people hate you either as you are so, don`t care of them who love you or hate you ..just wake---up your blind eyes and cuff you face and see how beautiful a life is ...there`s no need to get afraid of anything .. got it, pal?

Now what comes next, skiny-boy? Ah... Remembering?? Oh you freaking s**t .. you afraid you won`t be good ever enough to stand out forever?? Oh stupid ..a*s-hole .. yeah..today if your good then I GIVE YOU GUARANTEE THAT TOM. YOU`D BE BAD~ For example ..right now ..I`m freaking Bad to you as of this moment and you raising your temper ON me ..so, raise ..c'mmon...bioled up your watery-blood and c'mmon face it ..fight it...live it and bring it, Man .. Don`t care of good or bad ..life has two poles..livings and deaths so, whether you are bad or good, it doesn`t matter ...what does matter is how you live your life in a way you want to (Be remember ..live a life without hurting the tresspass of others life, without killing others and blah ..blah .. don`t go against laws) Just and simply live, you freaking c**t-eye...

And love yourself, pal!

#1. Note :

To be honest, I didn`t disrespect your this beautiful well penned write. Even i`m honored to read this marvelous piece of your artistry. I just wanted to show you the mirror of life and I know ..i`ve shown you ...now it`s up to you, what you choose .. A life or Being Hide! Depends on you!

I`m nothing ..I`m no one to speak up to you anything but if you think from your heart not from the mind, then you better come to know, what I actually meant .. My words`d have showered you with the warm embers and made you sad but now it`s again up to you, How to accept my words, how to get motivated and how to get lived or just stay as a A*s-Hole.

#2. Note :
(Excuse my abusive words, these are only for showing the aggression boosting up your confidence making you feel... there`s really no need to get afraid of anything, Just live, live and just live with an every-second, No matter what)

Stay blessed!
And hey, by the way, very coolio write, it burnt up the fire into my veins so I give you 100/100 for this sexy write. Keep writing and of course, keep living!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Woah... All I can say right now is thanks for the analysis and the pep talk! I hope to hear from yo.. read more
maria  ( rose)

9 Years Ago

wow! that's why I like Stephen:))
Stephen

9 Years Ago

Ah! You touched an every individual beat of my heart writing some words here .. Thanks, Sweety for l.. read more
i love this so much. A lot of it i can totally relate to, but know that some of what you put on that list, you don't need to worry about just yet. Awesome job on this though

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the review!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1525 Views
53 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 11, 2014
Last Updated on May 12, 2014
Tags: Fear, Honest

Author

Jack Kennedy
Jack Kennedy

Pell City, AL



About
Others on this site to check out - Jennie Baron Gabby Nieves Eli Jarman NoelHC Maria Rose Kasey Miriam Ana B. Black Rose & There are more out there My name is Jack Kennedy and I like t.. more..

Writing
FeAR. FeAR.

A Poem by Jack Kennedy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..