God-Child

God-Child

A Story by Jessica Carter
"

A scientist wanted to create the perfect being. Persona is that creation and conflicted with human feelings with his master. Society will not accept man becoming God.

"
Power on…

Video on…

Recording commencing…

All systems green…


I felt like I was swimming. I could feel the turning of my computer inside my head programming itself. My eyes opened to find myself staring in a dark room where only the light from the tube I floated in illuminated a few feet in front of me. A figure stood in front of my tube, a square object in hand as his bright, round eyes watched me. At first, I didn’t know who this person was, but my mind slowly made out words that I could understand: creator, master, God. This man before me was God. My eyes slowly began to close again and the image was soon swallowed up into the darkness.

Sleep mode…

I dreamt about him. The images of him were blurry at first, but they changed and were more define. His long green hair, his eyes behind large round glasses, and the smile he had when he watched me. God was proud of me. I was his greatest creation, and he wanted me. I admire him, no I loved him. 

Sleep mode terminated…

Programming movement and voice controls…

Detaching from primary and secondary cables…

Program Subject: Persona 02 commencing…


“Welcome to the world Persona.” The first time I heard human words. “I am your creator.” 

God was just like I dreamt he would be like. He had the long green hair and the glasses and his dark green eyes looked down at me full of joy. I shivered as my skin stung with the liquid from the test tube was still dripping down my body. It was freezing. The word my mind told me was: ice. It was cold like ice. He must has saw me shaking, because God put his own white coat over my shoulders and wrapped me up tightly so I could stay warm. 

“God?” My lips uttered for the first time.

He blinked for a moment and laughed as if it was fact that amused him, but he nodded. “Yes Persona, I am your creator. Your God if that is what your programming had told you to call me. My name is Cedric.” My creator had a name and I wrote it into my hard drive so I wouldn’t forget it.

I finally got to look at myself as I turned my head to the side to see another stand beside me. Quickly I realized it was my own reflection. I was created to look like a child, a young boy. My short, curly dark green, almost black, hair was wet and drooped down because of the heavy liquid of the test tube. My eyes were like quicksilver, shinning back at me. I almost looked like my creator if it were not the two block looking, metal ears at the side of my head colored silver, black and dark green. My brain told me they looked almost like rabbit ears, even though I had no idea what rabbits were. My skin was milky pale and I was very small. It made me wonder why God made me like this.

“You look so beautiful Persona.” Cedric, my creator, praised me and lifted me up into his arms. It felt nice to be held in his arms. I could smell the scent of chemicals and different scents of metal on his skin. He must have been working on me for a long time. “You have been my life long dream Persona. I have created artificial life from organs, metal, and computers. You, my dear child, will help me change the world. They will know that humans can be their own Gods.” 

Purpose required…

I was shown to many people. Since I was to be viewed, Cedric bought me clothing and taught me how to speak, walk, and write. He taught me everything I needed to know about how to be a human. He called me his God-Child. I researched his work and found out I was the second born of another series of beings like myself. Shizu 01 had failed and died a few years ago as part of a project to create life, to create the perfect human. Not only could I breath, function like a computer, and not get sick or die of old age, I also could feel as if I was a human. I was the break through of this research. The science community found my master’s works a great leap in science, but many other disagree. I found newspaper clippings that Cedric had hung on a board about people rioting against his work, and the creation of myself. They said I was sin to be born like this and that I should be killed. 

Cedric found me in his study surrounded by all the clippings. I was trying to understand why they hated me so much. Why was I any different from them? My brain warned me someone was in the room and I looked up. Cedric was watching me closely, his eyes sadden as he saw the article title in my hand; “The 02 Abomination! Stop this ungodly work!”. 

“Oh my little Persona, my God-Child,” His voice was troubled and he gathered the paper up to throw them away. “You are not a sin, you are my child. Please do not believe what they say.” 

“I don’t Master Cedric.” I answered and I truly meant that.

I watched him sat down in his large leather chair and put his hand over his face as if tired. I found myself crawling in front of him on the floor and laid my head on his lap. These past few days my master had been coming home tired and sometimes bruised on the face and arms. He told me it was nothing, but I didn’t believe him. He didn’t know I could connect up with his computers and look through the internet. I saw news reports that people attack my master and others while they work at other labs or just walk down the street. They called it a ‘Holy Crusade’ against science and their creation. These people have been killing in the name of righteousness, and moral society. It seemed the world did not want people like Cedric or things like me to exist.

“Everything will be alright Master.” I said in a soothing voice as he stroked through my hair. “I will protect you no matter what.” 

It wasn’t in my programming to protect him, but I was pushing against my program to do what I felt like doing for my master. I loved Cedric. Even if I did not fully understand the feeling or concept of love, I loved him. 

Warning! Intruders! 

Warning! Warning! Warning! 

Lab under attack! 

Security breech!


I woke up with a start as I heard many things breaking and the cries of my master. As quick as I could, I jumped out of bed and ran to the lab to find Cedric try to fight off a mob that had broken into our home. Males and females destroying the test tube I was born in, the computers that held my backup programming, and the papers on my creation. They were destroying my own life before my eyes. I watched Cedric try desperately to fend them off of his work, but they were too many. If I gave away my hiding place I would die. 

Warning! 

Preserve program! 

Abort compound!


I wanted to run but my legs wouldn’t let me. I stared wide eyed as one of the men pulled out a gun and pointed it at my master’s back. 

Abort!

I heard the screaming in my head, but I couldn’t run as the man prepared to shoot my beloved master in the back.

ABORT!

The gun fired and crimson blood flew up from Cedric’s back as he let out one last cry. His body fell limp on the floor, and he would not get up. My head still screamed at me to run away now. My legs moved, but not towards the door, but towards my fallen God upon the floor. The chaos around me went on almost like they didn’t notice I was there or they didn’t care. When I reached him, I knelt down to cradle my God in my own arms and looked down in his eyes that were fading into the darkness of death. He would go to a place I could not follow…a place I was not allowed to go. If he was to die, I would terminate myself with him. 

Purpose abandoned…

Self-destruct in 10 seconds…


I was frightened of what awaited me on the other side of my existence, but as long as I was with Cedric I did what I had to do. The people around me saw me holding him and roared in anger. Their voices of rage soon turned to fear as around them things were starting to destroy themselves. My master had put a secret program inside me. If I was killed, so would everything else inside the lab. 

6 seconds…

5 seconds…


Our eyes locked on each other’s. He knew that society would not let him keep me, but he was glad he made me. Our fingers laced together and he nuzzled his face into my chest as I felt my core inside myself grow and burn. 

3 seconds…

“I never regretted anything Persona,” He whispered to me. “I loved you.” 
2 seconds…

“I know Master…” My lips trembled as our time together neared its end. 

1 second…

“I loved you too…”

0…

Self-destruct complete…

No survivors recorded…

Last log…

“Cedric and I have gone to a place where we can only go. I am with my God, my creator. I am happy.”


Programming terminated…

Systems terminated…

Program Subject: 02 Persona terminated…


End Transmission

© 2012 Jessica Carter


Author's Note

Jessica Carter
I personally loved this story a lot. Persona was one of my favorite stories. I do not mind if you guys review with grammar issues. Tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on July 4, 2012
Last Updated on July 4, 2012
Tags: God-Child, edwardmarks, robot

Author

Jessica Carter
Jessica Carter

Sevierville , TN



About
Hello everyone! My name is Jessica, but Jesse is pretty much fine with me. If you wanna know something weird on the internet they tend to call me Edward due to the fact it was my pen name for a ver.. more..

Writing