Invisible Hands

Invisible Hands

A Poem by Edyn
"

Describing the Labyrinth of Life

"
“You're not alone” they say with a sympathetic smile.
Meanwhile their eyes slice judgement across my wrists like razors.
Their comforting words swirl around my head hazing out the light.
They encourage me to move forward but the sun is blocked
and everything is black
and I can't tell which way is heaven and hell
and I'm dizzy
and I just want to get off this ride.
I move blindly, fumbling towards a cliff, my toes graze the edge.
The hands that are meant to catch me are the hands that make me fall.

© 2016 Edyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed this poem, and I’m looking forward to reading more of your pieces. I'm kind of new on here and it would be an honor if you can review my 4 new recent poems. (The world is ours, Nostalgia, Paradise, and You)

Thank you and Keep up the Good work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


This poem is very true to a lot of people and makes them realize there not alone in those deep feelings. Its a very deep poem in deed. If you ever get the chance, could you please check out my writing? Thanks!

Posted 7 Years Ago


i like this piece on how concise and direct it is written. keep making your readers happy ;)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Very well written, the words speak on many different levels. Pain, frustration, hopelessness, confusion. It's very relatable.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It feels like the poet is going through some hard times, may be unsure about the future, the confusion of life creating more complications in her life... People are trying to help her with encouraging words but to be honest in those moments of pain, those encouraging words hurts more... I know the feeling very well frnd... In such moment only patience and our inner strength can bring us to the path of light... Very intelligently written... Lots of thoughts and describes how so many people around the world are going through the same situation...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


Edyn

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much, I'm glad you could take away from the poem what I was trying to portray. Thank yo.. read more
Another take: 'As it is' is duplicitous, false judgment abounds w/hypocrisy, and security offered is rife with manipulation...Very well drawn.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Edyn

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much, I'm astounded that people understand the point I'm trying to get across. Thank yo.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
This poem is a clear reflection of your frustration with others and partly yourself. That dizziness sucks to go through and the edge is scary. Just keep away from it before you have enough time to gain inner strength. You wrote this very well.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

595 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 10, 2016
Last Updated on July 10, 2016

Author

Edyn
Edyn

Jacksonville , FL



About
My names Edyn, I'm a 16 year old girl form Jacksonville Florida. I love words and I believe the arts, especially poetry and drama, are fundamental in becoming a beautiful person inside and out. more..

Writing
Breathing Breathing

A Poem by Edyn


Ghost Ghost

A Poem by Edyn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..