A Choice

A Choice

A Story by Eileen Rose

I slam the bathroom door shut. I start pulling my clothes off, tears streaming down my face. Anger rising as I fling the shower door open and jump in. Hot water hits my body and my head leans against the shower wall. Razor in hand, I flick the top piece off with my thumb. I'm sobbing, head still in place, I lift my left arm up and bring the razor to my wrist. Within seconds the razor is down my forearm and blood is streaming out of my arm. The water is washing it away making to seem as if the long slice into my forearm is invisible. The blood is flowing towards the drain and I'm feeling myself slowly sick down to the shower floor. I lie there peacefully, happy almost, that I'm losing consciousness, but scared of where I'm going.
I open my eyes and it's white all around me. I'm wearing a silk robe, I roll over on my back and I'm on sand. I lay there feeling the ocean water touch my toes. It begins to rain and I start laughing. I'm here and I'm finally away from the life I never wanted. I'm 14 and I'm in heaven and it's so beautiful. A young girl with red hair is standing above me. She's smiling and holds her hand out. I take it and she helps me to my feed. We walk down the beach holding hands. I feel like we're going to be good friends.

© 2014 Eileen Rose


Author's Note

Eileen Rose
This was a writing prompt I found online. The prompt asked to think of a tough situation where you had to make a choice and then write about the situation in which you made the opposite choice.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on June 3, 2014
Last Updated on June 3, 2014
Tags: Suicide, choice

Author

Eileen Rose
Eileen Rose

Jersey City, NJ



Writing
Not Human Not Human

A Story by Eileen Rose