Dead Tree

Dead Tree

A Story by Ekalavya

There was a desert.. In middle of desert there was a small oasis. Near oasis there was only one flowering tree(me) . Tree was spending its lonely life with empty heart and dreamless nights.

One day one small bird (u)came by mistake towards oasis to drink water.
It saw that tree. After drinking it felt hunger and it filled its stomach with nector from lovers. Tree requested bird to stay with it as it is alone in that barren land.. Bird initially resisted but later accepted to stay with tree .

Both tree and bird were happy... Tree was blossoming more and more flowers for bird and bird was singing for tree.. Life was going like this..

One bad day ,

Birds parents came to same oasis in search of their daughter bird.. They felt very happy by seeing the daughter and even daughter bird was also happy..

Daughter bird told it is in love with tree and it want to build a nest in that tree and to live here life long.. But, parent birds got angry and said to daughter that " tree and bird are two different caste , we won't allow intercaste marriage ".. Daughter bird begged her parents... But her parents threatened daughter bird by saying they will commit suicide , if she want to live with tree..

Poor daughter bird , thought that parents gave birth to her , they are more important than tree.. And daughter bird sacrificed her dreams for her parents happiness and left tree and went with its parents forever...

Here , Tree was alone as earlier .. But the memories of that bird started hurting tree... Tree stopped taking water from oasis , instead of that it cried cried and cried and lost all its water . On one final day without water in , it died in the memory of its only one love..

Now, the soul if tree is roaming all over the world for the search of its love... Hope it get its love back...

© 2015 Ekalavya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

@Marie , You are absolutely right , birds really need trees. But I was talking about strong relationship that has built up between those particular tree and bird.. Actually , through this story i wanted to put the misery of Indian lovers who separate only bcz of caste system

Posted 9 Years Ago


That is very sad, especially since birds really need trees.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 11, 2015
Last Updated on March 11, 2015

Author

Ekalavya
Ekalavya

bangalore, India



Writing
The truth The truth

A Chapter by Ekalavya