Vivid Dreams

Vivid Dreams

A Story by Mikhaela M.

Vivid Dreams

Another long day had passed by for the high school student named Brooke in a small town near the coast and finally, she was back at her own apartment. Alright, I'm back to my comfort zone once again, she thought as she made her way inside her room to finally lie down on her bed. Brooke was not as lively and out-going just like the other teenagers. She was not that alive and immature, almost the complete opposite of the wild teenagers you encounter at parties and so. She was only that average teenager who you see at the corner of the classroom, rarely speaking to other people except her friends, busy listening to songs and being ignorant, lazy and... well, she was also not that affectionate towards other people.

But that is what people see on the outside. That was only her façade to avoid being attached to other people too much. Especially that time when her parents died and was left in the hands of her understanding Aunt Amy. They thought she totally built up a barrier because she was always pushing everyone out since that time, which also pushed her to live alone in an apartment owned by her parents before they died five years ago. In the inside, Brooke was a really talkative and hilarious girl. She was friendly, cheeky, and even very sarcastic. A part of her was just always nervous to make the first move. She was not really pushing other people away, she was just afraid.

It was Friday night, quarter to seven o'clock, yet there she was, staring at nothingness inside her room as she closed her eyes and sighed. "I just want to sleep now." She mumbled to herself.

Well, yes. Brooke was a teenager. An average teenager, but she was somehow unique because of some happenings in her life. Her dreams. Yes, her dreams.

And that was because they were all very reality-like. It was like when you sleep and fall into the darkness, you will open your eyes and then boom. You had just popped up out of nowhere in another world. Brooke did not know when it all started, she just realized it one day that her dreams were really like the reality. She did not know if her creative mind was just making fun of her, or if she was going insane. All she knew was her dreams seemed real. They were all so vivid. They were like really happening with real people in another world, or most likely in the same dream.

In those dreams she had, though you can only be in one place-a very big villa-she had met a lot of people. One was petite Cossette, the young but mature mistress of the huge Victorian-gothic mansion in her dreams. Another one was Gilbert, Cossette's faithful and very skilled butler with elf-like ears and emerald eyes.

At first they were the only ones she met in her dreams, but as she went to her slumber every night since the day it began, a lot of things were changing until she just realized that Brooke cannot go back to that world/dream with her own will anymore. In a week, she can only go back to that dream for two or three times but only on random days. She won't know if she would dream on a Saturday night, Monday night, Tuesday, Wednesday, etcetera.

So, there was Brooke, hoping that she would have the dream this Friday night.

As she closed her eyes and waited for the darkness to completely envelope her sight, the faces of the people she was close to-imaginary or not-flashed in her mind. The first face she saw was Misaki's, that Asian girl who was the most anxious person she had met. Brooke really did not know why she was always embarrassed to show her face to her. And next was Oliver, that guy who was really weird, but diligent. His eyes were what made him weird. One was blue, and the other one yellow. Oliver also had a brother who Brooke actually met at the library of Cossette's mansion. His name was Nicolai. Well, Brooke and Nicolai really had many similarities and became good friends. She also met Autumn who was a real kick-a*s woman whom she did not get along with.

There were more people that she had met there; Alice, Jillian, Penny, Talia, Lauren, Byron and more. But the last face of that person-again, imaginary or not-who showed up... was that person who made her heart beat every time she thinks and sees him, and made her face be in the color of an apple the first time Brooke met him. It was truly stupid of her to like a person who she really did not know if he truly exists or not. His name was Flynn. He was a really charming guy, he was really hilarious and can make any girl laugh. He was even really approachable, and yes, Brooke and Flynn had chatted for several times already in those dreams. Flynn also got a load more of personalities that made Brooke like him even more. Well, he was also adventurous. One time Cossette, Gil, Brooke and her other close friends were led by Flynn to do some adventure. He wanted to explore the whole villa and the forest surrounding it, Brooke still clearly remembers that time, Flynn was very funny! Flynn was a very good guy. And deep inside her, she knew that all she ever really wanted was to see that guy whom she had liked for three long months already. Not to mention that she could only go there for two or three times a week.

At school, one time she became a daydreamer and thought of that guy. God, what was that imaginary guy doing to her? Then, her friends at school would be inquisitive and ask her a lot of annoying questions. Well, that's what modern kids do these days, right?

Brooke was still waiting for herself to fall asleep, but then, her eyes snapped open when the door of her bedroom suddenly burst open, revealing her best friends dressed so attractively with silly grins plastered on their faces as they looked at Brooke with devilish eyes. Ohh- they seriously have a wonderful plan for me tonight, I guess. Brooke sarcastically thought as she threw them a harsh glare after rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"You are coming with us to the welcome party this Friday night, Brooke Hilton!"

"It's the start of the school year so please don't be a killjoy, my friend!"

Shouted the two girls who were Brooke's best friends as they dragged the exasperated Brooke out of the room and began fixing her up for the party.

In a blink of an eye, the three best of friends were already at the party full of drunken and enjoying teenagers. Brooke was not her first time going to parties like this, she had been to parties before but most of the times she really did not feel like going to one. So, it was quite a miracle to see her at a party... and that was all because of her two crazy best friends. But somehow, she liked going to this party. As she walked around the huge house with a can of soda in her grip, she had seen new faces. Maybe they were transferees to their school.

Peyton and Snow, as usual, already left her alone to enjoy the party their own way. Yet here was Brooke, who just found the perfect spot to spend the whole night in peace. She was currently sitting on a bench at the back of the house in the garden. She was just gazing at the moon as she remembered her friends from the dreams she considered as her escape from the reality.

Silence enveloped the area where she was. All she heard was the soft whoosh of the chilly wind brushing her bare skin, the sound of the trees swinging back and forth, the crickets and the soft rustling of the grass as if being stepped on by a person going near her.

Wait, what?

In an instant, Brooke reacted. Brooke's neck nearly snapped when she looked to her right to see who the person was. And... her eyes just really widened in shock and her lips parted in disbelief when she saw who the person was.

It was a guy wearing a shirt with a black hoodie on it, jeans, and Converse shoes. It was a guy who had soft jet-black hair. It was a guy who had black eyes that when you stare straight into them you would feel like being swallowed into a deep hole. It was a guy who had a straight nose, pinkish lips, and fair skin.

It was a real good-looking guy.

It was also a guy currently just standing beside the bench Brooke was sitting on and was looking at her.

And it was also the guy Brooke Hilton met in her dreams!

The exact same guy from her dreams!

God, Brooke almost fainted at the sight of him.


"Hi, I'm Flynn Radcliffe. And you are?"

The man said with a slight British accent to the lady who was still surprised as he reached out his hand to her with a cheeky smile on his lips. The lady was still gaping at him as she slowly took his hand, their skins touched and electricity was felt.

"H-hi there... Flynn. I'm Brooke. B-brooke Hilton."

© 2016 Mikhaela M.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on April 25, 2016
Last Updated on April 25, 2016

Author

Mikhaela M.
Mikhaela M.

Philippines



About
I'm an average teenager who prefers to live in another world through her books. more..

Writing
Mistaken Mistaken

A Story by Mikhaela M.


Secrecy Secrecy

A Poem by Mikhaela M.