Artists...Who are we?

Artists...Who are we?

A Story by EleanaNouvelle
"

My essay describes what I feel to be true of writers and artists.

"

Emile Zola wrote, "If you ask me what I can do in this world...I am artist, will answer you:

I am here to live out loud!"

 

Artists, painters, song writers, written authors, poets, artisans, and actors...who are we?

Kindred spirits of sorts.  Our art venues interconnect on many levels. 

 

You will find most artists explore more than one venue during their life time.  Being an artist can be a difficult and bittersweet journey.

 

For me, my passion is to be an emerging, intuititive contemporary abstract artist where my art is shown and known in Chicago, New York, and other prominent galleries and studios, published writer and have my own art column in art magazines, newspapers, etc. and song writer making my passion as my monetary living.  Well, I have started that passion.

 

Without artists where would all of us be?  There would be nothing to read, nothing to view on TV, no theatre, no music to listen to inspire us too.  Artists inspire us, stir our emotions, thoughts, and dreams.

 

Being an artist can be very difficult.  We tend to be loners, gypsies and bohemians in nature.  Free thinkers.  Sometimes we are considered as odd, quirky, and indifferent to the rest of the world's beliefs.

 

Artists tend to study themselves as well as their favorite passionate artists of the past, here and now.

 

I love being an ARTIST!  "I am here to live out loud!", Emile Zola.

 

 

 

 

© 2008 EleanaNouvelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

WOW ! How wonderful it is to read the words that you seem to shout from the mountain tops. I too am an artist . The tree that you see here is a tree that I drew after being dormant for 13 years. I put down the pencil and picked up the guitar. After some recent life altering experiences , I picked up the pencil again and the art work is the best that I have ever created in half the time, meaning that it no ,longer takes me weeks to complete a piece but hours . feel free to visit my myspace page and view my pics where you can view some of my work. Thank you for this great poem that reminded me of why I am ,who I am and what part I play in this wonderful dance of life . Thank you !

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 19, 2008
Last Updated on May 24, 2008

Author

EleanaNouvelle
EleanaNouvelle

Bloomington, IN



About
Late 80's I started writing inspiration essays. Writing my thoughts, emotions, and desires. I call myself a "Bob Evans Counter Groupie". I would sit at the counter purposely. You learn so much abo.. more..

Writing