Saturday

Saturday

A Poem by Electric Scribe

Light refracts off the lake,

Gracefully following the current,

As I watch my heart is in awe,

Images of you fill my soul,

Recalling the moments we've shared,

Entirely pure, in essence innocent and grand,

Never a night so changed my life,

Such raw emotion, it’s like your hand is still there,

Interlocked fingers with an unbreakable grip,

Passion glided wild, the skies were on fire,

We didn't act, our eyes met and we smiled,

The music playing escapes the mind,

As we made our own, epically tuned and fine,

Many nights & days have passed,

Never one though were this moment doesn't last,

I experienced most of life and so much more,

Memories like this are rare for sure,

Your beauty, heart, mind, and soul forever lace my mind,

This night of love was so unfathomable,

It could last me my whole life.

© 2013 Electric Scribe


Author's Note

Electric Scribe
This is seriously a poem strictly for a girl whom I love so immensely, however it is not in our cards to share our love. We shared a beautiful weekend together and talk nearly daily. Our friendship is amazing and maybe one of my most treasured possession. We are working on a project in the near future to kinda go into business together. We are separated by states, school, and military obligations, so sharing my feelings with all of you will have to suffice until the time is right.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There are some really well expressed thoughts in this one ES, but there are also some grammatical errors and spelling mistakes that for me takes me out of the moment in which you're describing. All in all, the scene and how it has affected you is apparent and the sentiments will surely connect with many a reader. A little bit of editing though, could turn this one into something much stronger.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a beautifully depicted memory, and your affection is very clear. I think my favorite part is:
"The music playing escapes the mind,
As we made our own, epically tuned and fine"
For you to have had such an overpowering feeling while with her, that you can't even remember what music was playing, speaks volumes. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There are some really well expressed thoughts in this one ES, but there are also some grammatical errors and spelling mistakes that for me takes me out of the moment in which you're describing. All in all, the scene and how it has affected you is apparent and the sentiments will surely connect with many a reader. A little bit of editing though, could turn this one into something much stronger.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Even without the note, I could feel the fight in this one; and the longing and yearning of a love that can never be. Sometimes all we have are our memories and the feelings that we can hold on to as little treasures. You write of beauty and awe, and to these are truly things that you will keep with you for a lifetime, even if the reality only lasted a weekend. Bittersweet... I enjoyed this one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Electric Scribe

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the beautiful review. I am really excited because I am picking her up from Chicago ne.. read more
Before I saw the note, I thought wow, this man's lucky to have this wonderful lady in his life. Such emotion so very vocal. It is spoken through such great honor and respect for her. Wonderful woman this friend of yours is. Best of wishes to the two of you in your future business as it turn into something so amazing.

Have a great week Sir Warren and have a beautiful day today :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Electric Scribe

10 Years Ago

Dude she is sooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing, love everything about this girl. The rarity of one wh.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 18, 2013
Last Updated on October 7, 2013

Author

Electric Scribe
Electric Scribe

Eau Claire, WI



About
I LOVE EVERYONE!!! My name is Warren Harvey Stevens IV, I am a new writer. I would eventually like to start writing books however, I want to wait until I have a little more practice under my belt. I.. more..

Writing