Fake and Friendship both start with F

Fake and Friendship both start with F

A Poem by Elfrinett
"

A spoken word poem

"

He makes me think of good things. Like I’m not worthless.

I’m not sure if its his crooked teeth, his goofy cut hair, his sense of humor..

Or that he shows he cares.

I've been in a emotionally abusive relationship before, and it wasn't even a relationship. It was a “thing”

Not even a fling

It was nothing

Because I've found him. Him. He was able to help me move on. HE stayed up till 3:00 am when I was drunk, HE stayed up till 6:00 am all night and morning on video call just cause I was lonely.

Whats funny is that you can’t tell who your real friends are until you almost killed.

S o  f u n n y

Because HE was the one that saved me, My so called ”friends” didn't move an inch when they saw the car.

I stayed because my friend liked him and even though were in Canada and that s***s cold i stayed. I was vomiting,i was too cold,i was a mess. I said F**K IT

F U C K I T

I walked away and stopped half way crossing to vomit once again. He jumped on the road and said

“First of all no” and grabbed me and dragged me to the sidewalk. Whilst my “friends” said Ew. Cause I vomited.

Not even bothering to fathom I almost got hit.

Originally Him and I were supposed to hook up. I was taking it slow cause I didn't wanna mess up, Cause oh my how nice he was. But here comes my “Best friend” saying how now she likes him.

I’m a pretty big push over so of course I said she could date him cause well she needs a boyfriend but I like him so much it’s hard.

And I thought by saying no I was being selfish,

But A really f*****g smart person once told me that;

“Selfish people live longer”

Maybe I should have f*****g listened and had him for myself because it seems like in this friendship, 

I’m always giving

And NEVER Receiving.

And tell me….

What kind of friendship is that?

© 2014 Elfrinett


Author's Note

Elfrinett
This is my very first slam poem on a personal experience.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

I used to tell people holding up my hand spreading my fingers out, "I have this many friends," and then close like three fingers saying, "and I'm not sure about these. It's tough but YOU are your ONLY TRUE friend and if you find another one your blessed. Another note if you liked the boy, OF COURSE you should have told him and then your "so called friend" wouldn't have had a chance. And quit drinking and getting high, while they make things better for a brief second at first, in the long run they make it all worse and do not become fun anymore. I hope you can learn from people like me, and don't have to go to THAT PLACE yourself to find out. NEVER GIVE UP!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am sorry you had to go through this. This is a beautiful poem.
Hang in there girlie.

Posted 9 Years Ago


True friends are like rare gems very few and very rare,on the other hand fake friends are like autum leaves you find them everywhere,I have more fingers than true friends,mostly I have aquaintances. I sense that you are putting your soul out there.Let God be true and all men be liars.Most people fear about being alone but you must be able to have comfort being alone before you can comfort another person.My wife and soul mate didn't come into my life until I surrendered my entire being to God.Never give up your soul mate is still out there.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 26, 2014
Last Updated on December 27, 2014
Tags: boys, friendshps

Author

Elfrinett
Elfrinett

Canada



About
Hi, I'm Alice! I like Dolly things and everything cute :3 I like creepy and dark stuff too I love animals, Stuffed and Real! c: Pansexual & Demisexual. ≧﹏≦ Singer/Songwriter/Perf.. more..

Writing
Homesick Homesick

A Poem by Elfrinett



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..