One Last Dance

One Last Dance

A Story by Elijah T Dawkins

The dance floor was hot, pulsing. People moved as an organism, a creature of sorts. We swayed, jumped and moved as one unit to the syncopated beat of electronic pop and dub step music. I could feel beads of sweat forming on my forehead and faintly noticed the back of my crisp purple Calvin Klein shirt sticking to my rippled frame. Although I had danced with many girls that night, none had particularly captured my attention or imagination. I had danced for over an hour, and although the rigors of the dance floor were well suited to my fit physique, my eardrums could only handle so many decibels of sound. I made my way off the dance floor. Leaning against the carpeted gym wall, I took a long deep swig out of a Poland springs water bottle. My friend had spotted me exiting the floor, and followed me over to the water station. “Yo man why’d you leave?” I responded, ”Oh I think ill call it a night, I’ve had enough of all the loud music.” He quickly retorted,  “Come on, just one more dance, whoever gets a girl first wins!” This new element of competitiveness ignited more motivation and he and I raced back onto the floor intent on finding a chick, dancing, and then getting the hell out of there. It was hard to move, bodies pressed up against me. As I maneuvered through the dense mass, on impulse I looked up and turned my head to the left. As I looked, my eyes met those of another. They we brown accented with a hue of green that I had never seen before.  I moved down her face to her smooth and delicate nose and then her voluptuous lips cradling a row of gleaming white teeth. As the lights pulsed and the music blared, we looked at one another, locked in an unbreakable visual bond. My eyes moved across her stunningly browned skin and finally I had her in focus. She was beautiful. I had never seen such a combination of grace, style and pure beauty, and she possessed me. I smiled and moved in her direction. She watched me as I coolly sauntered across the dance floor and softly beamed. I got within several feet of her and then broke into dance. I moved my hips, slid me feet and relented to the blasting beat of Problem by Ariana Grande and Iggy Azalea. I faintly noticed a boy behind her, but didn't care. He made one remark about how slick my dancing was before he moved away, sensing that his partner had entirely lost interest in his presence. She sheepishly grinned, and I took this as an invitation to move in nearer. I closed in narrowing the gap between our two bodies. My head was close to hers and together we moved. She pulled my hand down touching her hip. I worked my way down feeling the slight curvature of her hip down to her leg. Her black dress was tight against her skin, and as we danced we drew together. Before long, both my hands were firmly placed on her hips, and we swayed together. I gently nuzzled my head in her neck and whispered into her ear how beautiful she was. She gave out a lighthearted giggle and drew in closer to my body. We moved together, completely synchronized, in a sort of organic harmony that is impossible to describe. As the song ended, I took her hand and we moved out of the crowd. I put my arm over her and we walked outside into the warm June night. We sat on a bench and admired the array of stars festooning the pristine night sky. I kissed her then, passionately. Our lips united and I felt her body pressing against mine. I ran my fingers through her smooth black hair and as our kiss finally culminated, we gazed in a look replete with affection and desire. Although our gaze was indicative of the evening we both desired, it could not be had. All the girls were rounded up and sent back to their dorms, while we boys remained in the gym until the girls were safely back. I fell asleep late that night thinking of the girl and the immense power of one last dance. 

© 2015 Elijah T Dawkins


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on February 19, 2015
Last Updated on February 19, 2015