Do You Remember Me?

Do You Remember Me?

A Story by Eliza Williams
"

The past hurts but I'm thankful for it happening, I'm thankful for you. You made me what I am today. Thank You

"

Hello my dear old friend,


  I’ve never been able to say this before now, never had the courage, I suppose. And I know that we aren’t talking anymore and probably never will again because things have changed so much for the both of us. But I wanted to say this now, even though you probably will never read this, because I’ll probably never find the courage to send this, even if I knew where you were.


  I wanted to say that I am so grateful for all those years of friendship, you were a sister to me and in a way you always will be. I will never forget about you and our time as friends, not a second, not now not ever. One day, in the far distant future, I am sure I will be sat down with my family, my children, telling them the stories of all we got up to in the ten plus years we were friends. I’ll tell them of the way we met; you covered in paint in nursery, the time when you helped throw me a surprise party for my birthday and then almost gave it away, the time when you helped me when I was being bullied and me helping you in return, the time I found out you were adopted and gave you a hug, the time just before everything started to go so horribly wrong.


  I may not have seemed like it but that week you stayed, despite everything that was going on and how much I hated you then, not that I knew it at the time, I now can look back and see that it was the last time I ever saw you, the real you. The girl I grew up with; my unbiological sister. After that you changed so drastically and I didn’t even notice. I guess I didn’t want to, not really, because if I had I would have had to admit you were gone and I wasn’t going to get you back.


  I just wanted to say that I miss you, the real you. I still check up on you from time to time, make sure you’re alright. When we found out that you were thought to be missing, it broke my heart because I never said “goodbye”. I think about you all the time, and talk about you often; about all the thing you did that made me laugh. You know, spending time with you, my best friend, would always make everything better. We used to laugh and say we would live together after school; get a flat and just live, have fun, make the most of our youth whilst we could. I wish you were here, I wish you could see how much I have changed and all because of you.


  That day we told you that you had to go, you couldn’t stay any longer and you stared screaming broke my heart, it showed too. I cried as you left, I actually cried in front of you, and you know how much I hate that, how much I hate showing that I’m in pain, because that’s what I’m good at; covering things up. But you always knew, you could read me like a book and vica versa I guess. You told me we would be ‘friends for ever’ but we weren’t, we aren’t. Do you remember the bracelet I gave you? The one that the three of us had: all different colours. Mine black, yours pink and his blue. Do you remember what I said when I gave it to you? When you first came over to mine in the rain saying that everything was going wrong? I said that I would always be there for you, that we were sisters for life and I was always there when you needed me? I still wear mine; no one knows what it’s for, not really. Do you? Do you still wear yours, do you remember? I do.


  All those years I will never forget and I will always care in my own way. I may never speak to you again but if I see you on the corner of a street or in a shop, I will stop and say “Hello old friend”. I just wanted to say “Thank you”, so much for everything you gave me and did for me.


  I miss you, but I just wanted you to know,

Do you remember me? Because I remember you, and I wanted to thank you for all the memories I will never forget.


Thank You, So much


Always your sister


I miss you


You Know Who You Are

© 2013 Eliza Williams


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Author's Note

Eliza Williams
Tell me what you think and if you see any spelling/grammar errors

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. That was a powerful letter. I had something similar go on and this really rings true. Thanks so much for the write. This is really good. I also didn't find any grammar errors.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Eliza Williams

10 Years Ago

Welcome and thanks!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
1 Review
Added on November 27, 2013
Last Updated on November 27, 2013
Tags: Do you remember me, past, broken friendship, truth, you know who you are

Author

Eliza Williams
Eliza Williams

United Kingdom



About
Hi, I'm not going to bore anyone with useless details about the very short life I have currently experienced. I'm 19, I'm at a university that I couldn't believe wanted me and I like to write. I'm als.. more..

Writing