The Cure

The Cure

A Story by Ellary™
"

Eeepepepe. Wrote this awhile ago. Don't get too into it because It's never going to be finished.

"
The Cure
yr. 2098-3008


It might have been this way, even if she hadn't been so oblivious. It could have been different, however. People, maybe, would never know her blood held the cure. No one cared if she survived, they just wanted to keep her safe so the cure wouldn't die. 

Jezebel held her small hands tightly around the broken office table under a collapsed building. Craze, she thought this has gone too far. When she was discovered, she didn't think the whole nation would go into outrage, searching for her and only her. She was scared, she didn't want to be captured. 

Three years previous, the States were faced with a challenge. A medical challenge; a diese known as Pulmonary Pruitis. It was a sensation where ones lungs became coarse, and scratchy; where it got it's name. The scratchy-ness was actually the lungs shriving up. They didn't know how or why this began to happen; they just knew it was happening, and people got scared easily. People could die within days of getting it, even hours. Already, nearly one million people have died from it in the States; which was why people were searching for Jezebel. She had the cure; her blood was clean, it could cure them. In order to do so; they would need to kill her to drain her blood. 

Of course they wouldn't double think the life of one to save millions. Jezebel, however, was scared. She didn't know what to do except hide. No one was here to help her; she was too young to know what else to do besides hide. No one at age eleven would know how to react to this kind of thing.

Jezebel had been crying for this whole thing. When the States had started using missals, she at least knew to hide. She found refuge under a already collapsed building. The whole United States, it seemed, had been destroyed.  

In front of her, Jezebel could see debris being pushed around from the entrance where she had got into this place. She began crying, louder then she had before. This was it; they had found her. 
“Jezebel, Jezebel,” she heard a man calling her name. She sobbed, not answering him. “Jezebel, I'm here to help.” Jezebel bit down on her lip and held her breath. 
“They all say that,” she managed to mumble. “No one wants to help me.” Finally, the man from behind the stacked rocks broke through. His hair was gray and his eyes were still a sharp blue, despite his age. His face did give Jezebel some comfort, but she still wasn't going to go with him. To the man's right was another child. He looked decently older then Jezebel; by three or four years. He looked as scared as Jezebel felt. 
“Honestly,” the boy said, “he's here to help.” 
“Why would he help me! I'm the one they're looking for!” Jezebel blurted. The boy's face crunched together, and he didn't look happy with Jezebel. 
“They'll find you if you don't come with us anyway, aren't you willing to take the chance, stupid brat?” He asked, stepping more behind the man, now. Jezebel sucked in her breath and held it. Tears broke from her hazel eyes again; surprised she even had tears left to cry. She stood up, legs stiff, and walked towards the two. 
“Now shh,” the man said, “they'll recognize your crying.” The younger boy put his arm on Jezebel's shoulder, and pointed across the destroyed town. 
“We just have to get over there,” he glanced down at Jezebel, “then, we're safe.” Jezebel stood quiet, hands shaking. She hadn't moved in nearly two days. She nodded shortly, though, to let the two know she was willing to do it. 

The walk over, Jezebel stumbled almost four times due to missals landing someplace in the distance. Her jaw was clenched, and her hand around the boy's. It was nice having someone around her age in almost the same situation as her, although she assumed it was a lot worse for her then it was him. They reached the underground barricade. The door was invisible; Jezebel couldn't even see it till they lifted it. She was forced into the hole, the two boys following her in. 
“I cant help worrying that this is the chamber where I'll die and lose my uncontaminated blood.” Jezebel sniffed. 
“Don't worry,” the man said as he pulled something hanging from the ceiling. A small light flickered on. It wasn't a science lab; is was a homely looking cave. Two beds lined up across the left wall, and a small fridge against the other. 
“Why are you helping me?” Jezebel said sadly. 
“We're just greedy.” The man said. “This boy here, he has Pulmonary Pruitis.” 
“So you're just going to use me.” Jezebel dropped her head. “Of course, no one is helping me just to help me.” She laughed stiffly.
“Of course, we still think it's wrong that they would put such a young girl in that situation. It's kind of a deal,” he paused. “You get the safety of this den, and the care of us. Jasper here gets shots of your blood once a month to keep him alive. How does that sound?”  
“They wont find me here?” Jezebel asked, peering around the cold room. 
“Not a chance.” He shook his head. 
“How long has he had Pulmonary Pruitis?” She asked.
“Almost two days now.” So, he was one of the ones that could last longer. 
“Alright.” Jezebel dropped her head. She hadn't much of a choice now, anyway. The man, seemingly in a rush, exited the main room. Jasper looked up at Jezebel, looking so relived, it made Jezebel very happy with her decision. She mind as well save his life, after all. The man came back in with a needle. It frightened Jezebel, but she took the pain. It couldn't be as bad as this boy's lungs. The first injection flushed the boy's face, and he let out a long sigh. Jezebel hadn't noticed how uncomfortable he had looked before now. His face was filled with new color and life, Jezebel admired him, now. She was joyed with the sight of himself returning to normal because of her. 


  Four Years Later.


“Jez,” Jasper called down to her, “Pa made soup, come and eat.” Jez hustled up from the downstairs room where she had been reading. She smiled at Jasper, and swung around into the main entry area. She took her usual seat next to Jasper, smiling at him again. Jasper had officially became an adult last week; and with age, in Jasper's case, came beauty. Jez had no doubt, fallen in love with him. He grinned back, his cheeks newly flushed with blood. 
“Let us eat, then!” He announced, the first to stuff his face. 
“It says on the news that they found a possible cure.” Pa said, also taking a bite. 
“The last one they tried didn't work.” Jez said, glancing at Pa. “It only made matters worse.” 
“Created a whole new virus, those fools.” Jasper said, stealing a glance at Jez as she was looking at Pa. 
“Imagine the fortune that would come with exposing you, though.” Pa sighed. 
“Don't even talk about that.” Jasper glared. “That's out of the question.” Jez was happy that he would be on her side for this one. 
“We could give her to the government for millions. They would do anything to get their greasy hands on her.” Pa looked over at Jezebel. She kept her head down. More recently, he had been talking a lot about disposing of her to the government for money.  Jasper was nearly cured, now. She wouldn't be needed in a short time. It scared her, it made her feel like the lost little eleven year old again. 
“We aren't giving her to the government,” Jasper sighed. “Even after I’m healed. She's going to stay with me, God forbid, until the day I die.” Jezebel stayed quiet.

© 2011 Ellary™


Author's Note

Ellary™
This is as far as I ever plan on getting. I have a brief idea where I had imagined on taking this story, but It's been too long and I can no longer remember... don't plan on this being updated. >.<

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
Added on August 11, 2011
Last Updated on August 11, 2011

Author

Ellary&trade;
Ellary™

WI



About
Hi I'm ELLARY and I L O V E writing! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Ellary™


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Ellary™