Heavens' Gates

Heavens' Gates

A Poem by Elle-D2
"

The demons scream 'you silly fools". The angels cry with each lost soul. Religion is for the strong at heart; it is not the cowards guard.

"
Never more the angels cry. Never more will they know the pain of his sacrifice. 
They cry "never, never more" as hundreds pound at heaven's door. 
Demons screaming: "They don't know!" as thousands rush at heaven's door.
"Never more", the angels sigh. "Will they know the gift that comes with life. Never... ever more".
There's pleading voices to be heard, but the demons scream "you'll never wake from your worst of dreams".
The pleading voices shake with fear as the demons chant "we rule this time, now you must pay. Consider this your judgement day! 
"Never more shall you pray", the angels cry as the demons scream "never, ever, ever more". 
Think of the peace you could know, away from heaven's gated doors.
The fate you face lies within, the angels cry, oh yes they cry.
The demons scream "there is no place to hide".
Wisdom comes to those who act, not to those whom simply preach.
Not to those who hide behind the cross engraving, on top of that book. 
The demons scream 'you silly fools".
The angels cry with each lost soul.
The weep for each imposter that hides behind faith so that they may play the devils game.
Tears are shed to those that carry with them unforgivable Sin. 
The angels cry as the demons march thousands away.
Humming softly to the lost souls, "They don't know, they don't know... that some Sins don't get you past heaven's door".
Some acts of cruelty, misuse of the cross, cowering behind the bible instead of admitting your Sins. 
To the cowards who treat religion as a veil, instead of embracing it soulfully... to those poor souls that were unprepared. 
If you bring your demons to heaven, you won't get through the gates. Don't hide behind religion to comfort your soul because when you stand before God, he will see them all. 

© 2015 Elle-D2


Author's Note

Elle-D2
I do not approve of religion being used as a veil to hide the acts of a criminal.
#thebibleisnotashield @ Josh Duggar.

With love,
LD

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on September 1, 2015
Last Updated on September 1, 2015
Tags: Philosophy, Demons, Angels, pray, Heaven, Controversial, Religion, Spoken word

Author

Elle-D2
Elle-D2

Canada



About
A 20 something feeling lost in entitlement and the standards of an aging society. more..

Writing