Storm

Storm

A Story by Elle
"

This is for you, the person who changed me in just a week.

"


You used to be my clear starry summer sky, giving me comfort, allowing me to grasp the beauty in everything. In your presence, I saw deeper meaning on what passes through my irises.


It was your inked fragile heart, passion, and art that had me drawn. It was the iridescence in your eyes when you talk of what you love that captured my reverie.  


Sometimes it scares me how our minds think so alike. You know the work-arounds to my puzzle pieces. You read me so well like a book you’ve read a handful of times.


I can never erase the memory of how you held me tight when I said I was cold. Under dark clouds, you played my favorite tunes to light me up. You gave me a momentary celestial feeling.


Facades fade and unveil that you are actually a storm, only passing by with no intention of staying. With your untruthful utters strong as tornadoes, you tore me apart. You brought heavy downpours to my rose-tinted lenses.


Painful droplets trickled down my skin as I walked through the rain. It felt like it was never going to end until it dissipated and left an aftermath of words left unsaid.


I found the calm painfully silent at first, and then grew to appreciate it. On my own, I tried to figure out the fragments of my old self left so I could start afresh.


You might have shaken my walls with your heavy winds, but my foundations remain firm. The skies may not be that perfectly clear yet, but I know that in time, my sun will come shining with warmth.


I finally understood the concept of a storm. It may seem destructive at first as it brings you to a point of no return, but the truth is it floods you with lessons so next time you don’t get burned.

© 2016 Elle


Author's Note

Elle
I don't know the exact genre where this one falls so I just placed it under journal. Please tell me your thoughts. Thanks. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on August 25, 2016
Last Updated on August 25, 2016
Tags: open letter, love, heartbreak, crazy, letter, random, pain

Author