The finishing line

The finishing line

A Poem by EllebannA
"

A battle, not with arms, but with the spirit...

"
Will you walk with me? Not on the light side... but on the dark side,
Only there will we find obstacles that will help us find each other,
The light makes things so easy and we take for granted what we have before us,
Something called a life, a life with a finishing line..

Will you hold my hand? Not to go for a stroll, but to go through a struggle,
Will you hold my hand tight and never let go when we travel on a dusty, rough road?
When we encounter temperatures of extreme heat? Or wen we feel that we are going to freeze to death?
Will you accept to cross the finishing line with me?

Will you allow me to kiss your soul? Not in the liquid rain, but in the acid rain?
I am calm but willing to take risks... Will you accept to attempt to find the meaning of this inexplicable 'thing' that there is between us?
Or will you let go and let me fall away from you?
Or will you cross the finishing line with me?

If i toss and turn around like Crazy, will you hold my heart in your hands and tell it everything will be alright?
Will  you caress it with your spirit and soothe it with your touch so that it can find its interior peace again?
Will you help it find its rhythm again, so that the dark, the struggle, the dust, the heat, the cold will be nothing but a mere fact for it?
Will you cross the finishing line with me?

Dark are the secrets of my soul, i am willing to share them with you, will you listen to them?
My soul is deeply cut and bruised, will you help me heal it?
My spirit is fighting with spirits, i am no match for them without the help from your soul, your inner peace, your inner touch, your inner spirit...
Will you help me cross the finishing line?
Will you cross the finishing line of life with me?

© 2014 EllebannA


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Basically what this poem is about is never really giving up. In any situation, no matter what the trials are you got to make it to the finish line and do everything you need to do to make it. The persona the poet is talking about is someone close who the poet wants to share the struggles with... By analyzing the words, the readers will see the deep emotions embedded in the poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
1 Review
Added on April 19, 2014
Last Updated on April 19, 2014

Author

EllebannA
EllebannA

Mauritius



About
You will know me through my writing... more..

Writing
No Fear No Fear

A Poem by EllebannA