FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT DETECTORISTS' ORION BEN

FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT DETECTORISTS' ORION BEN

A Story by Ellen
"

Meet Orion Ben from Detectorists

"
BAFTA-AWARD winning comedy 'Detectorists' will return for a third and final series set to air later this year. The series Written and starring Mackenzie Crook and also starring Toby Jones is now streaming on Netflix and is currently being shown again on BBC every Tuesday night. 


Meet rising star ORION BEN. The actress who plays Varde, a member of Danebury Metal Detecting Club and Louise's girlfriend.  Here are five thing you need to know about her...





1. She speaks Hebrew
Orion was born to a Romanian mother and a Moroccan father. She spent her childhood in Israel and moved to the UK at the age of 17.



2. She is a Vegan
According to Orion's Twitter page she is a Vegan and supports several Animal rescue organisations. She loves dogs and even has a cat named Zumba.


3. Her first TV role was in Skins Pure
Orion studied at The Oxford School of Drama and her first TV role after graduating was playing Nava in Skins Pure for Channel 4. 




4. Detectorists was her first comedy role
Orion played Leah Moss a young pregnant girl who is caring for her elderly agoraphobic mother in the third series of the BBC Period drama Call The Midwife, she also played guest leads in two Doctors episodes, the lead in two horror films and Lucky Man for Sky. Detectorists is her first comedy role. 




5. The 'New Israeli Actress starring in the world'
in 2014 Walla site (a leading news site in Israel) called Orion the New Israeli Actress starring in the world. Speaking about her guest appearances and supporting her bright future.






Series 3 of 'Detectorists' will shoot this summer and return to BBC Four later in the year.

© 2017 Ellen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1568 Views
Added on June 27, 2017
Last Updated on June 28, 2017
Tags: Detectorists, Orion Ben, Actress, Israeli Actress, British Actress, Call The Midwife, Skins, Lucky Man, Doctors, Breath

Author