A Dream of You.

A Dream of You.

A Story by A.J. Ellicot
"

The year is 1813 Peter, a young man in his early 20's recounts a dream he had the night before, in a letter written to his closest friend Alexander.

"

Tuesday October 5, 1813

My dear Alexander

On this day I arose from a deep slumber. In my slumber I dreamt of you. Although, I did not take it for a dream, not at first.

My hands lay on your waist, as yours held my face. Our naked bodies standing mere inches from each other. A warm feeling invaded my chest, like that of a burning fireplace. It was as if my feelings for you had changed somehow. Or maybe it had always been like this. We looked longingly into each other’s eyes, unsure. Tension permeated the air, such as the calm before the storm. I dare not move. Not of fear or concern, but of an overwhelming sense of security. In your embrace I felt happy, I felt safe. To my surprise your hands quickly tightened their hold on my face, and pulled me into a kiss. It was not violently sensual, but tender and sweet. Our lips locked in a dance that seemed to go on for eternity.

And so, I arose. My vision blurry, my mind baffled, and my heart aching. For what had transpired just moments ago was not reality, and had only occurred within the confines of my unconscious mind.

You must forgive me for handing you this confession in written form, I wish I could have been more forthright. Alas, I could not speak the words.  I hope that even if my feelings are not reciprocated, our friendship will remain. For I care deeply about you, and would be struck down with grief if we ever parted ways.

 

 

Always yours, Peter

© 2016 A.J. Ellicot


Author's Note

A.J. Ellicot
This is my first formal piece of writing.
I want to learn, and better myself. So anything you have to say, I want to know.
Thank you in advance.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on October 26, 2016
Last Updated on October 26, 2016
Tags: lgbt, romance, crush, boys, love, love letter, letter, dreams, kiss, kissing, gay, October, 5, Alexander, Peter

Author

A.J. Ellicot
A.J. Ellicot

About
I wanted to put my feelings into words, so I started writing. I would like to have some constructive criticism. more..