Box

Box

A Story by Bohemian Wardrobe
"

I cried the day I turned 19.. Pretty sure this is why!

"
When you're growing up you're told you can be whatever you want to be. You can change your mind every other minute and you're praised for your creativity. You could even be a unicorn if you really wanted to. 
So why has all this changed? I'm far from being grown up, still don't know what I want to do or who I want to be.. is it already mapped out for me? I can't help but feel that I'm being punished for my lack of a decision over something I was taught to think wasn't even one worth making.
Where's the time to make mistakes take wrong paths and fall into the gutter. Where's the time to really live? Do we get to 16 and then wham bam s**t you've finished school and where you are now is your oyster? Where does the world go? 
Personally, I want the whole earth, not just the sodden soil I stand on now at my feet. I want to go everywhere see everything fall in love and experience the lives and cultures of the free people.. if they really exist. I want to stop crying over the fear of getting old and start appreciating how much I need to see. Hopefully with the people I love's support guiding me to it. 

© 2014 Bohemian Wardrobe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on June 5, 2014
Last Updated on June 5, 2014
Tags: age, life, mistakes, time, unicorn

Author

Bohemian Wardrobe
Bohemian Wardrobe

Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom



About
I'm a 19 year old girl living in Hull, writing, working, waiting. I love to write but I want to do absolutely everything. I'm one of those awful people who wants anything they can't have.. not mat.. more..