The Golden Floor

The Golden Floor

A Story by EmBru
"

A Setting Description

"
The sky is an overwhelming blue without a cloud to touch it.  The ground is covered withgolden leaves that fall from trees that surround and protect this promised land.  They swirl and spin as they tumble with grace from up high to down below.  A large pond lives deeply in the woods. The water is a rich, serious dark blue and is a home to many shiny fish of all sizes.  The sun beams of high noon glitter and dance on the liquid surface.  An aged cobble-stone walk way encircles the body of water and the wooded world of gold, amber and ruby hugs the stones closer to the water.  A wooden bench sits under a glistening tree; a bench that has seen more glow and shine than anything else in it's world.  Leaves lay on the bench and a gentle cool breeze sweeps them off their feet and they fly away in love.  They land on the glassy water and float in pure ecstasy.  Birds sing their sweet songs of melody and their music echos throughout the tree tops, resembling the sound of a wind chime.  There's a quiet yet sudden disturbance in the near distance among explosions of autumn colors and the sound of it sends birds of like feathers fleeing for their life.  Speckles of black and grey fill the sky and loom over ahead then pass by like the time; here one moment and gone the next.  Leaves crackle underneath the tiny feet of small creeping creatures. They scurry and dance on the golden dancefloor that is enveloped with lust and aching for a soul to love. Then a sudden gust of wind comes through the small dream of peace and grabs the amber and ruby leaves, throwing them against the golden floor and they spin and swirl, smiling against the crystal clear waters in the sky. 

© 2010 EmBru


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on July 13, 2010
Last Updated on July 13, 2010

Author

EmBru
EmBru

MA



Writing
A Special Day A Special Day

A Story by EmBru


Open Eyes Open Eyes

A Story by EmBru


Waking Up Waking Up

A Poem by EmBru