One Glance

One Glance

A Poem by I Am Svetlana

I want to take a single moment of my life to appreciate the nature and life around me. I walk and walk, placing one foot in front of the other, and take a look around. Glance at the trees, and the way their leaves blow in the wind, the way they rustle. Hearing the crunching of those leaves under my feet in the late fall when they all let go of their branch. I feel the breeze on my neck, it makes me shudder and pull my coat tighter around me. Fall is my favorite season, why you might ask? It's not too hot, not too cold, but just right. It's a switch between hot and cold air, which I am comfortable in. What's so good about the seasons and the ways that they seem to change so quickly? I haven't a clue, but I would like to take time off of my boring life and figure it all out, with just one glance.

© 2008 I Am Svetlana


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

we live in a wonderous place.. I try to take time to be aware of the beauty of nature.. and yes.. Indian Summer is my favorite time of year..

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
x
Favorite line...I haven't a clue.
Ain't that the truth about everything.

Thanks, I enjoyed the imagery...good luck with the glance at life.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hello That Burnt Candle,

Fall is also my favorite season, I do enjoy the many color changes....and death. But really the color changes are the best part. I like the curiosity in the poem, and just the subtleness of piece. Imagery is wonderful. Well done.

Always,

Matthew

Posted 13 Years Ago


very nice, i got really strong imagery from this. once again, not sure if this quite fits into the category of "poem" just because of the rhythm and sentence forming.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 16, 2008

Author

I Am Svetlana
I Am Svetlana

Madison, WI



About
"If you cannot write well; you cannot think well; if you cannot think well, other's will do your thinking for you." -Oscar Wilde Hello all, my name is Emily Svetlana! I am 30 years old and wo.. more..

Writing