Pen Sickness

Pen Sickness

A Poem by I Am Svetlana

Oh, this pen has injected me

With such a disease

In which I never want rid of.

This disease, this sickness

Is only for those who crave an escape

From who they are

The pen can create them a whole new person.

With a pen, anything possible is to be created.

Good or evil

It's the victim's choice.

Whether they love it or not

The sickness has spread throughout the body.

Nerves, blood and bones

Muscle is burned and rekindled/

The eyes are no longer so clouded

Now they are clear and spakle

For the disease is now over and the victim is it's catch.

 

© 2009 I Am Svetlana


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"With a pen, anything possible is to be created."....I have learned how true this is over the years...for myself, writing has become the most beneficial means of expressing feeling and emotion through creativity...I love how youve portrayed this as a "sickness"...a "disease"...I must say in all actuallity...this is true...and its a disease that has actually saved my life...This is a wonderful piece you've written here...truly inspiring.

Posted 14 Years Ago


So epic! I know what you mean. For a lot of us, we don't write because we want to, even if you do. We write because we have to. We are compelled to, like and addiction.
This is one sickness I'd be glad to die of.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A well written poem. The disease you speak of has affected many people on this site and I suppose myself included. The outcome is for us to decide.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Pretty good write ^^ a new twist on an old problem, or is it even a problem? I guess that is for the writers to decide ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I know exactly of which disease you speak. And even though good things can come from this disease, like all diseases, it also brings pain.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 25, 2009

Author

I Am Svetlana
I Am Svetlana

Madison, WI



About
"If you cannot write well; you cannot think well; if you cannot think well, other's will do your thinking for you." -Oscar Wilde Hello all, my name is Emily Svetlana! I am 30 years old and wo.. more..

Writing