President Elect Balokov Obaka

President Elect Balokov Obaka

A Story by Heartland Patriot
"

Barislav Oxana is a Congressman in the state of Indiana who is running for President of the United States. He is from Russia but has a birth certificate that indicates his birthplace is Alaska.

"
Introduction:
Borislav Oxana is a politician from the state of Indiana. He has been in politics since he graduated from law school about 18 years ago. He is a native from Russia and claims Alaska as a birthright. Borry is affiliated with the Democratic party.

Setting:
As the story opens, Borry is speaking with his political adviser, Thomas Achilles, about his poll numbers. The two are sitting in his home office in the city of Marion, Indiana. They are engaging in serious tones of excitement as Borry is being told he is ahead by a hard margin, according to straw polls.

Act 1, Scene I

Borry: Please tell me you have good news.

Achilles: Borry, I wouldn't dare bring you any news but good news. (Pause) (As he continues to speak to him, Achilles is smiling and Borry has a concerned look) You have nothing to worry about. In the past twenty-four hours your numbers have increased by twelve percent.

Borry: That isn't going to be enough. I was just watching CNN and folks say Fox News is having a cow over my birth certificate. Are you sure no one can locate that doctor.

Achilles: Trust me Borry, I have taken care of Dr. Ellington. He doesn't even exist. I just found a signature in some file at the county hospital and xeroxed it onto a blank, stained birth certificate from Alaska.

Borry: Alright, I'm going to trust you on this one. (Borry picks up his briefcase) I have a meeting with the law review board today.

Achilles: Are they going to allow you to change your nationality and place of birth on your original license?

Borry: I do not believe so. I may have to file an affidavit to surrender my law license if I want to run for POTUS. 

Achilles: I hate to hear that Borry but you have to do what it takes. I will check back this evening and give you some updates on your campaign. (walks to the front door of the residence)

Borry: (following Achilles out the front door) Yes, don't worry Achilles, we will win this election and I will have what is entitled to me. Folks will vote me into office, no doubt about it. See you later.

*Both leave the residence and depart in separate vehicles. Borry is driving to his meeting with the law review board to find out if he will have to surrender his license to run for president.


Act 1, Scene II
(walking into the lobby of the state law office, Balo is fumbling a file folder and reading it's contents)

Borry: Good morning, I am here to meet with the board. I have a ten o'clock appointment.

Receptionist: What is your name, sir?

Borry: Barislav Sor... I mean Balokov Oxana. 

(At this point, he is sweating pervasively through his suit coat. If he were Pinocchio, his nose would have just grown. He almost said his name was Borislav Stanislava. The name Stanislava is his father's name, Oleksander Stansilava.)

Receptionist: Right, have a seat. It will be just a moment.

Borry: You don't know who I am, do you?

Receptionist: You are a lawyer, right?

Borry: (hands her his business card) I am the president-elect.

Receptionist: President of what?

Borry: I am a congressman running for President of the United States.

Receptionist: Shouldn't you be out campaigning and kissing babies?

Borry: I have people for that. I just play golf and attend fundraisers. Campaigns are too much work for folks like me and kissing babies is over rated.

Receptionist: If you say so Mr. Osama. Say, are you related to that terrorist guy?

Borry: No, my name is Oxana. O-x-a-n-a.

Receptionist: Oh ok, (chewing gum) Mr. Rockefeller will be out in a minute, please have a seat.

(Borry sits down in the lobby as Mr. Rockefeller comes out the door speaking with a man leaving his office.)

Receptionist: Mr. Rockefeller, this is Boraslack Osama.

Borry: Mr. Rockefeller, I'm Borislav Oxana. 

Mr. Rockefeller: Are you here to see the board about your license?

Borry: Yes, I was hoping you and I could clear this up without the board.

Mr. Rockefeller: Well let's go into my office and see what where we should go from there.

Act 1, Scene III
(Mr. Rockefeller and Borry walk into his office.)

Borry: I need to change my name and nationality on my law license.

Mr. Rockefeller: Yes, you're the guy running for president under a different name.

Borry: Yes, I made a simple mistake on my application eighteen years ago and I need to retract it.

Mr. Rockefeller: What was the mistake? Did you misspell your name or something?

Borry: Uh, yes. That's right, I misspelled my name. I may have put my middle name or something for a last name.

Mr. Rockefeller: You say your last name is Oxana but we have Stanislava on your application and it is also on your license. Is that not your name?

Borry: Well, at the time I had just finished law school and the Republicans were running things at the time. You know how H.W. Bush was back then.

Mr. Rockefeller: To be honest Mr. Oxana or Stanislava, you have two choices. You could withdraw your license and surrender it the Review Board or you can wait for the Board to permanently suspend it. This is borderline criminal or possibly criminal. You are a lawyer, you know the possible repercussions if it goes to the Board to decide.

Borry: I figured we could be civilized folks and avoid the Review Board. Can I not keep it and just change the name? I am running for the highest public office and there will be jobs for everyone on my side.

Mr. Rockefeller: Mr. Oxana, if you are attempting to bribe me, (Borry interrupts)

Borry: No, sir. I was just saying I would like to withdraw my license.

Mr. Rockefeller: Alright then. Mr. Oxana, see the receptionist outside and ask for the proper paperwork. You will have thirty days to change your mind and request the Review Board for a decision.

Borry: Thank you, Mr. Rockefeller.

Mr. Rockefeller: You're welcome, Mr. Oxana. Good luck with your campaign.

(As the scene folds, Borry walks out of Mr. Rockefeller.)

© 2015 Heartland Patriot


Author's Note

Heartland Patriot
This story is not finished. I would like some reviews before continuing. I would also accept material for the next Act. Thanks in advance!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on August 23, 2015
Last Updated on August 23, 2015
Tags: President, United States, Politics, treachery

Author

Heartland Patriot
Heartland Patriot

Springfield, MO



About
Hello and thank you for taking the time to view my profile. If you decided to view my profile after reading one of my writings, then I need no introduction. I will introduce myself anyway. My name is .. more..