taking flight

taking flight

A Poem by Emily B
"

something old is new again

"

I wrote some words once

so light

they flitted off the page

and flew away

My best work


is liable


to grow wings
and leave me
lonely.

 

© 2009 Emily B


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yes it happens a lot..at times a very beautiful work was up there in my mind
I put it down but it will never come as complete as I had thought of it
once only once I could do it,but before I saved it the light went off
and it was lost ,so I tried for hours again to put it back,but never
never ever will it come back like it came the first time..how depressing
it came in a very distorted way..how this mind works in a very strange way
yes things could fly away from off paper so easy,and we can do nothing about it
I really enjoyed this..
lovely write..

Posted 14 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is lovely....it reminds me of how empty I feel once I get it down on paper.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I have this picture. I can see it and I will send it to you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

For some reason this brought Tenacious D's song Tribute (The Greatest Song in the World) to mind...I apologize.... I had one of those long, drawn out rhyming pieces written once and forgot to save it, and couldn't remember it the way it was and couldn't get the rhythm right again. I hate it when it happens.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow...so simple and yet it cuts right through you. I can't imagine writing something that would leave me. Great ..now I'm sad..Thanks a lot Emily...lol. Great wings but I prefer to see it as a kite you can bring back. These words will not abandon.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

always add a bit of gravity to your words. it keeps them on the page.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Nice. Very nice. Like the image of your work moving on and leaving you behind. Kind of sad but I think that means your being successful in what your doing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the half-meaning the first and next to last lines create. "Once" in the first line could belong to the first line or begin the second. "Lonely" could refer to the lines or the writer, if one allows lonely as an adverb.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Superb. Excellent poem in the modern minimalist style redolent of the Japanese poetry.
The word choice of 'flitted' and 'flew' shows a writer taking care over the choice of words. This is catching obviously, for I see that another reviewer has used 'flutter' and 'fleeting'.
Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

In a few words, Ms Burns, you write what everyone has enjoy of losing one's thought when writing. Too often this happens to me, as i lay down to sleep at night and my Muse visits me. Placing fully delevoped poems in my mind. Only to be lost by waking up. Grrrrr. Thank you for sharing this poem with us.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

my words leave me before they ever get out on the page. This one says so much with so few lines. I am always amazed the way you can get right to the root of a thing so quickly...it is a gift you have.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1213 Views
39 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 22, 2009
Last Updated on September 22, 2009

Author

Emily B
Emily B

Richmond, KY



About
to the Lost Boys I am no Wendy; but my voice brings you back to me. And you sit around my feet, anxious for a story or a kiss. Listening to my words spinning adventures, like so much g.. more..

Writing
For Emma For Emma

A Poem by Emily B


Old bones Old bones

A Poem by Emily B



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


seduced seduced

A Poem by Emily B


Revival Revival

A Poem by Emily B


Adrift Adrift

A Poem by Emily B